this was the 7th chat in 4 days

Please wait for a site operator to respond.

You are now chatting with 'Yvonne'

Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK4190124013837X

Yvonne: Hello, how may I help you?

James Creekmore: pleas refer to these two chats i got disconnected from bothe of them one on an update and one of them when they had me take the mj off my system LTK4190123976768X Lloyd LTK4190124010076X Andre Maya

James Creekmore: it is currently unplugged and off my system

Yvonne: Alright, please hold while I review your previous chat.

James Creekmore: here is a list of all the chats since sunday LTK4190123721521X LTK4190123752203X LTK4190123965771X LTK4190123976768X Lloyd LTK4190124010076X Andre Maya

James Creekmore: ok

Yvonne: Thank you for waiting.

James Creekmore: ok

Yvonne: Is this about not being able to receive calls with your magicJack?

James Creekmore: yes

James Creekmore: the same problem i have been having since i plugged the first one in i am on my second one

Yvonne: Let's check your bandwidth.

Yvonne: Please click the link below, click the yellow star on that page and take note of your upload and download speed.

Yvonne: http://speedtest.net

James Creekmore: working on it, it is downloading now

Yvonne: Did you click the yellow star on that page?

James Creekmore: scanning now

Yvonne: Alright

James Creekmore: should i click fix inssues.

Yvonne: No

James Creekmore: the scan is finnished

Yvonne: Tell me what is your upload and download speed.

James Creekmore: it don't say it scanned for issues and supposedly found 455 inssues slowing down the pc

Yvonne: Did you click the yellow star on that page?

James Creekmore: let me look for the yellow star

Yvonne: Okay

James Creekmore: no yellow star on page you sent me

Yvonne: Close that page and click the link again.

James Creekmore: nope no yellow star there is a place to click to start test and that would be the one i clicked then it downloaded and i ran the test

Yvonne: Okay please close that window.

James Creekmore: yellow pyramid not starr

Yvonne: Do you have an antivirus installed in your computer?

James Creekmore: donwload speed is 2.89 Mb/s upload .39Mb/s

James Creekmore: yes but it and my firewall are currently turned off so now my computer is at risk and has since 2 chats ago

Yvonne: Okay

Yvonne: Let's format your magicJack.

Yvonne: Please follow these steps

James Creekmore: ok that is new i will reconnect it now

Yvonne: Press the windows button in your keyboard ( between CTRL and ALT ) then press R.

Yvonne: Type diskmgmt.msc and press ENTER.

James Creekmore: ok done

Yvonne: At Disk Management window scroll down to bottom and look for a Removable disk 18 MB capacity.

James Creekmore: hold on

Yvonne: Take your time James.

James Creekmore: the only one i have besides my hard drives is E:magicjack 1mb

Yvonne: Unplug your magicJack device from your computer for 15 seconds then plug it back afterwards. Press and hold the Shift key on your keyboard when plugging it back to your computer.

James Creekmore: still only E:MagicJack

James Creekmore: 1mb full

Yvonne: Have you plugged it back with the Shift key held down?

James Creekmore: yes 2 times just now annd with on of the other chats awhile ago and that is the only one which will show up. no others.

Yvonne: Alright, please go to "Computer" window and check how many magicJack drives are in there.

James Creekmore: one same as the other

Yvonne: Okay please close those window.

Yvonne: windows*

James Creekmore: ok done

Yvonne: Type devmgmt.msc and press ENTER.

James Creekmore: done

Yvonne: Click the + sign next to Sound, video and games controllers then tell me what are the drivers under it.

James Creekmore: Realtek High Definition Audio, USB Internet Phone By TigerJet

Yvonne: Right click on USB Internet Phone By TigerJet and select update driver.

James Creekmore: ok looking

James Creekmore: still searching

James Creekmore: windows had determined the driver sofware for you device is up to date

Yvonne: Good

Yvonne: Please do the same thing for Realtek High Definition Audio.

James Creekmore: searching

James Creekmore: same thing came up

Yvonne: Click the + sign next to Disk drives. (Do you see YMAX MagicJack USB Device or Tigerjet Harddisk USB Device?)

James Creekmore: yes and i already searched for updates and it is up to date

Yvonne: Right click on YMAX MagicJack USB Device or Tigerjet Harddisk USB Device and select Uninstall.

James Creekmore: uninstalling

James Creekmore: to finish removing your hardware, must restart computer Yes or no

Yvonne: Do not restart your computer.

James Creekmore: ok did not remove

Yvonne: Click the + sign next to DVD/CD drives. (Do you see YMAX MagicJack USB Device or TigerJet CD-ROM USB Device?)

James Creekmore: yes

Yvonne: Right click on YMAX MagicJack USB Device or TigerJet CD-ROM USB Device and select Uninstall.

James Creekmore: Again, to finish removing hardware you must restart computer yes or no

Yvonne: No

Yvonne: I am transferring you to one of our top 10% agents as rated by our customers. Please hold while I transfer you.

James Creekmore: ok but it is still there

Please wait while I transfer the chat to the best suited site operator.

You are now chatting with 'Ermin'

Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK4190124013837X

Ermin: Hi this is Ermin i'll be assisting you today, please hold on while i check your previous chats....

Ermin: Thank you for waiting, when you call your magicjack did you get any message?

James Creekmore: it went to my voice mail and then i get it in my e-mail

Ermin: Please try call your magicjack now

James Creekmore: ok

James Creekmore: i am still unavailiable

Ermin: Your'e using a router yes?

James Creekmore: wifi router

James Creekmore: connected to clear

Ermin: Okay

Ermin: Is there anyway for you to open 5060 & 5070 UDP ports on your router?

James Creekmore: They are already open

James Creekmore: i did that on monday allong with the other 433, 80

James Creekmore: would you like a list of all my chats so you can see all i have done

Ermin: if that does not work is there anyway to bypass the router then check if you can receive a call? if you can then its your router that is blocking your magicjack incoming calls

James Creekmore: no the router is connected by cat 5 wire to the clear modem which i can not connect directly to.

James Creekmore: clear says they don't support mj maby you could talk to them

James Creekmore: http://www.clear.com/

James Creekmore: but the tecs where you are say they do

James Creekmore: http://www.clear.com/support/index?intcmp=index_d_prmnav_sp

Ermin: One moment please...

Ermin: Okay this Clear connection don't have enough speed that will enable the magicjac to work well, we need to use hardwired internet or Broadband internet connection to make this Jack working better

James Creekmore: 4g coverage is not enough speed

James Creekmore: donwload speed is 2.89 Mb/s upload .39Mb/s this is what my computer is doing and i can make calls out

James Creekmore: just that all my incomming calls go to vm

Ermin: http://www.my-speedtest.com/speedtest.htm

Ermin: please run the link

Ermin: to measure your net speed

James Creekmore: download 2012 kbps upload 323 kbps

James Creekmore: that one had a lot of popups

Ermin: 323 kbps uploads is not enough if possible it should be 400 to 500 uploads

James Creekmore: then why tell people you work with WiMax because that is what they use

Ermin: We need a specific speed like that one i sent you above to make sure that your Jack will work on both incoming and out going calls

James Creekmore: what a crock

James Creekmore: here i have spent a good part of 4 days on chat with you people and i am just now finding out that i need more speed. what happed to the other people i spoke to and had me check my speed

James Creekmore: off your web site

James Creekmore: A computer with an available USB port; AND Any computer with Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Intel-based Apple MAC operating system; AND One of the following: Broadband, High-Speed Internet, Cable Internet, DSL, WiFi, Wireless, or WiMax; AND Your present corded telephone or cordless telephone system (you can also use a headset or your computer's microphone and speakers)

Ermin: Just make sure that the speed is enough on the connection that you have as a primary requirement so both incoming and outgoing calls will work well

James Creekmore: not mentioned in this To use a magicJack, you MUST have the following: A computer with an available USB port; AND Any computer with Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Intel-based Apple MAC operating system; AND One of the following: Broadband, High-Speed Internet, Cable Internet, DSL, WiFi, Wireless, or WiMax; AND Your present corded telephone or cordless telephone system (you can also use a headset or your computer's microphone and speakers)

James Creekmore: according to that i have all the requierments that is from the website your company runs so it is false advertizment.

Ermin: We requires enough speed as well because we are using internet speed for incoming and out going calls

James Creekmore: broken record. I will be returning this thing tomorrow. and will tell every one i know that the whole thing if full of it. if i were at a motel away from home i could be even more screwed than i am now because they will charge me a 15% restocking fee. and don't expect a good review from me any time or any place

James Creekmore: good night good by and good riddens

Review about: Magicjack Internet Service.

Had an Experience with Magicjack?

Comments

Justin, Texas, United States #658009

Wow, I hope you come back and check your comments.You were WAY off.

You're blaming MJ for not working when you should have directed your inquiries to Clear. Your speeds were not sufficient, and your argument was misdirected. That's like blaming the power company when your lightbulb burns out.

I happened across this thread looking for an answer to the question What are Up/Down requirements and/or does MJ work with Clear.

In other words, I did my homework.

With respect, you should have done the same before popping off.

I can not find the usb drivers for the magicjack I am getting a yellow ! next to my dvd+-rw drive and my magicjack. What can I do?

I love my Magicjack!Best deal ever.

I have a fast PC with a fast Internet connection.

Absolutely no problems ever.I would look for other problems other than the Majicjack.

Both of the people who responded to my original message are full of them selves, and don't know what they are talking about it was a problem with MAGIC JACK ONLY.They are not privy to the other 6 conversations and have no idea who they are talking about I don't have the issues they are describing.

the issue is between MAGIC JACK AND CLEAR INTERNET SERVICE. Clear told me that they do not support MAGIC JACK and if you were as informed a you say you would know this. If you did any research to find out the problem instead of guessing at other peoples problems then maby you wouldn't have some much time to answer junk like this & if you did you would use your name and not someting *** like Someone who knows what they're or Just my opinion. So please do the research and have an informed oppion instead of spreading your propaganda.

Also as a student of Network Engineering and Tec. I would hope that my professors would have came up with such a *** answer as the above people.

But when they checked they couldn't find any problem with my computer.So good luck to you and all your future answers for other people because I know you are full of it.

Most people including myself get frustrated when things don’t work properly. Paying for a service that does not work escalates the frustration. Now you feel venerable, and being taken advantage. As an IT pro I have realized that 99% of computer users don’t know what is wrong with their computer or how to fix it. The extent of their knowledge is the use of keyboard, save files, play CDs/DVD, emails, games and surf the web (Just like driving a car But don’t know how to fix it). Most people try and generally do more damage.

My understanding is that James called SEVEN times within four days to resolve a problem that he was experiencing. To date that problem has not been resolved. No one on the support team suggested having his computer checked for a virus or spam that in most case can be removed with FREE software. The only recommendation by a higher level tech was to “increase his speed” and that most likely is not going to solve the problem.

In my opinion the Support team has to be experienced to deal with every issue the product depends on. It’s called “Customer service”.

James is not a computer professional and does not need to understand “how the internet and bandwidth work”( Many people have traveled on a plane, that doesn’t mean they can fly one). He’s probably not aware that his computer needs to be checked for spam or virus. Please don’t blame the consumer but Help him fix the issue. Complaining is not pointless but...

to Just my opinion Justin, Texas, United States #658013

I hope you check, too.The OP did in fact check his computer.

When asked to run the scan at speedtest.net, he ran the wrong thing! He clicked on an advertised link that downloaded a file to his computer and did a so-called scan. Small wonde they found tons of issues. What's more, they said they'd fix them -- for a nominal fee, of course.

He's what we 25-year-plus IT veterans call "click-happy." Sorry if that's insulting but it's true and the way the ad is formatted even to this day, it's understandable.(The speedtest folk likely get paid for your clicks, so no wonder there that they don't complain to the ad provider.)

Customer service may be lacking, that much is -- pardon the expression -- "clear." But the technical support was on target.

From reading this chat log, a couple things are obvious:

1) Jamesjaxfl's computer is infested with spyware and spamware. The numerous popups on every website and messages about issues found are due to *** he downloaded and ran.

2) Due to the above, his computer is likely part of a botnet and his bandwidth is being used by the spyware.

3) The complaint itself shows a serious lack of understanding of how the internet and bandwidth works - obviously there is some minimum throughput requirement for VOIP to work, so complaining that it doesn't work on his slow connection piled up with spyware is really pointless.