Green Valley, Arizona

After several months of attempting to communicate with a 'Live Chat Person,' at Magic Jack in order to transfer my number to Vonage at my new house, I have been unsuccessful.I have given the ID Number that they have requested a dozen times but the transfer never happened.

I kept receiving an error message that Vonage was unable to secure the number from Magic Jack because they did not have the ID number. I gave the ID number via the internet to Magic Jack and Vonage had the ID number as well. Be aware of a Company that does not have people you can actually talk to ......I could not wait forever, my job requires a home phone.

Magic Jack audio never worked for me, so after six months, I gave up and needed a working home phone.A very disappointing and frustrating experience for me, not to be able to keep my home number.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Magicjack?

Comments

janene bouck

you can get almost exactly the same service without a "jack" through Google Talk. If you have Gmail, a mic and speakers you already have everything you need, for free!

Roy

I have it MJ and it suks.I call my folks and it says there number not in service and have to dial it like 4 time's to get throw.It really suks.Im sending it back .

Roy

Vonage is Way Better

Magix jack sucks.when you call magic jack from a vonage number it says disconnected.

when you tryt to get support they waste your time with some dumb *** that can not type emglish. There is no Magic with this ppoor jack. don't waste your money and you will never save time....

time is money and wasted alot of it with Magic Jerks..FU MJ

Big Mike
#382075

Thanks for the warning. I was planning to buy everyone in my family the new MJ, for a total of 12, this Christmas, but not now!!!

Robin

They kept my phone number hostage, until I paid them the $31.44 U.S. Phone Number - Port Out. This was after I have been dealing with their crappy customer service for a week.

Robin

The name should be called Magicjacka**