2.1K views

I have found no way to renew my subcription for the $19.95, offerred on TV. When it became close to renewing, the menu for contacting technical support or making changes to my account was no longer available.

My only choice was to buy a new Magic Jack for $49.95. Renewing subcription for $19.95 yearly is evassive and as far as I know nonexistant.

They only talk about $19.95 a year on TV, When I wanted to extend my subcription I couldn't find a way to pay just the $19.95 a year either on the internet or through the Magic Jack menue. Just except the fact your going to pay $49.95 a year and will probably end up with a new telephone number.

Review about: Magicjack Technical Support.

Comments

In order to renew: 1. I had to unplug the jack from the (Ethernet port/router).

2. Plug the jack into your USB port the same way I installed it. 3. I clicked the box that read my subscription is expired to renew.

It took me through the renewal process. I can't imagine how you would renew the subscription without a computer to begin with after your phone is shut off. They took the payment from the credit card for 1 year @ $29.95 + tax.

Lastly, I unplugged the jack from the computer and plugged it back into the router and I had my phone service back.

Dallas, Texas, United States #709434

loved my MJ at first but when it came time to renew 1 year they also took out of my account an extra 10 bucks for a maintaince fee ... no idea what for nor premission to do so...1 year later decided to get said discounted 5 year 59.99 ....wouldnt happen, cust service was a joke all on line just repeated info that i told them ....no help tried several times was giving to "next teir" supervisor....same ***.

now i see a new add on tv "available at Best buy and Radio shack .... called both advertised for 19.95...

they dont have any just $59.99... sorry thats NOT $19.95!!!

Denton, Texas, United States #693547

I also can't renew for the advertised price. I instead am forced to pay $33 for 1 year, but don't have to buy a new MJ unit.

MagicJack is using outdated ads or is straight up lying. Either way, it's ridiculous!

i want to renew my magic jack

Trying to renew for 19,95 what can I do because I can go through please advise as soon as possible thanks

i ackwant to activate my existing magic jack.

trying to renew my mj for 19.95 that renewal is not available or is it? any answers!!

to ohara #839797

Try Magicjack free trial on the internet

go to customercare/live agent

click member features

click my suscription

find reativate or renweal button

find one year for $19.95 Good luck

I had mine renewed by Dalimara for only P1400 pesos no credit card needed.

Here's their number in Makati JP Rizal. 403-5304, 697-2762, 0999-493-6259, 0923-373-3252

Unreliable and unprofessional company. Whoever invented this should be shot!

I've being trying to renew, I got two $1 charges on two different cards I tried and they say my account is under review and cant give me any information about it. Ive being waiting for a long time with no luck, nobody helps...

nobody knows whats wrng via chat, they just ignore what I say and actually disconnect the chat room!!!

this is FRUSTRATING!!! I had $2 charge, no renewal and no help!!

The renewal process was very tricky, deceptive and confusing. The website is difficult to navigate, maybe by design so they can charge people more than 19.95.

It took hours to try to resolve charging issues with magicjack support persons it did get any where.

Finally I had to call my credit card to cancel the charge. I was very dissapointed with their business practice.

#194771

After great challenge, I found the one-year renewal link. Here is how:

1.Login to my.magicjack.com

2.Click My Subscriptions

3.There is a title "Renewal" and a button "Details" under it. Click on the button

4.You get information about one-year renewal.

good luck.

#194684

Mine expired and when I attempt to reactivate the subscription there's an error in their website: when I click on "yes I want a 1 year plan", and then click "Next", the error "ORA-20099: locationid required" comes up every time--I guess it's not possible to reactivate this device. Small loss though as the sound quality was crappy anyhow...

I am not able to renew m account I have changed my email address and they don't have it. is it possible to talk to a warm body? rftioga@hotmail.com

its the my.magic jack grey box at the bottom of aforementioned screen

i had the same problem. go to my.magicjack.com.

after you log on, you will be at the page where you have all the option to renew your subscription (however, the straigh 19.95 option wont be there). go to the bottom of that same page and click on the grey box at the bottom of the screen. this will give you the option to renew for 19.95.

cant believe they made the renewal so elusive. says something to me about the company and their forthrightness

I BEEN TRYING TO RENEW MY MAGIC JACK. FOR A WHILE NOW.ITS SO COMPLICATED.IF I KNEW THAT I WOULD HAVE TO GO THROUGH THESE CHANGES I WOULD HAVE NOT BOUGTH WITH IT.

liar liar liar your promise is no phone bill but after reading the reviews i guess thats an understatement almost one of you guys who purchased the magicjack