Magicjack - Tried to make a "FREE" long distance call to USA but had to pay.
Very unhappy about this.I tried to call a US number to a company that I sometimes deal with.
I have called them many times before to order items when I had Vonage with no problem. Magicjack would not make the call and wanted me to PAY for long distance. That's BULLSH** I saw the ads about FREE long distance etc and bought it because of that. It seems to me that when a company uses bright stand out fonts and colours stating " NO LONG DISTANCE CHARGES" or NEVER PAY LONG DISTANCE AGAIN that they should include the little asterisk so a person can know that there is a catch.
Without that little well known warning I'd say it's FALSE ADVERTISING! and might actually be illegal. The say "buried" deep somewhere into the service agreement that "some" special types of calls will be charged.
When I argued that this was just a regular everyday company, Not a conference call or anything special they said they didn't know but I could just buy long distance so I could make the call.I complained that I felt this may be false advertising and was quickly let go of the chat session.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Long Distance Billing
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "MagicJack (MJ) works well for many people. However, if you introduce something as simple as a â€˜routerâ€™, then, MJ may have a hard time, as I have had. When..."
- "OK, I purchased magic jack plus online and what I really really hate about it is that as you go to buy the *** thing, it is so complicated to..."
- "So here it is 1am, I'm still up watching netflix, while also downloading app updates, computer updates, and downloading iTunes music. I wake up the next morning and here..."
- "My husband bought me 2 dozen flowers for my birthday. $131.00 total Day two these roses began to wilt and head south. I called the company and was told they..."
- "I bought products from this company from a vendor they had in the mall. I spent $129 which was a 'great deal' but, after testing the products I thought why..."
- "Just bought these 2 months ago. Today the sole at the heel came away from the sneaker. They must use some pretty cheap glue to have them fall apart after..."
- "Approx 2 years ago, we went into Schut Brick Stone Landscape on Mount Pleasant Street in Branford and inquired on a front step railing. The company dispatched someone out..."
- "Pioneer Pools was payed to install an above ground pool I purchased from them, they DID NOT put the screening down under the support ribs causing the liner to rip...."
- "I bought the maytag bravos xl washer and matching dryer at our local brick store about 3 years ago and what a piece of junk it turned out to be.garmets..."