2.9
Coverage Area
Style and Design

I have had a MJ subscription for a few years and have had, up to now, no problems. I was not notified that my yearly subscription was up and, therefore, my service ended and I couldn't make any long distance calls.

I conducted a chat with a representative on Monday of this week, only to be told that my account was flagged, they weren't able to tell me why, and that I had to speak to someone in the accounts department. However, the rep told me, it is closed now. So I tried the next day, waiting for 10 minutes to chat with someone, only to be told the same thing. I tried paying for my renewal online today only to be denied access to my bill.

I chatted again and was given a toll free phone number to call to speak to some one. However, the call would not go through (that was Verizon's recorded message) on either my landline or my cell phone. So I called the MJ sales department at another number to see if they could help me. I was cut off in mid conversation.

I called again, told that my account was flagged and that only the accounts department could fix it. However, I was told, the accounts department was not going to open until the Tuesday after Christmas, December 27. When I told the rep that I'd tried to contact the accounts dep't a few times this week, he told me that the department has been closed all week because of the holidays. Are you kidding me?!?!

A customer has no access to the only department that can unlock the account (and I don't even know why it is locked) for 10 days, from December 17-27 ??? What kind of business management is that? Why didn't any one tell me the first few times that I contacted them that the office was closed for 10 days? Why didn't MJ contact me originally to let me know that there was an issue with my account?

If it wasn't for the minimal yearly fee to call long distance and Canada when I do get it to work, I would cancel this service. Their customer assistance sucks.

Product or Service Mentioned: Magicjack Account.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Cost and value.

I didn't like: Customer service.

Comments