2.8K views

MagicJack states unlimited calls BUT they do not tell you that they limit the number of minutes per call, it was 120 minutes(2 hours) now it is at 90 minutes!I have to dial into a conference call for work that last for 8 hours and it is a pain to redial in every 90 minutes.

I contacted their online customer service who had me open ports on my firewall for ports 5060 and 5070, not sure what they were thinking, but of course it did not help.

If you don't have to make long calls then MagicJack maybe for you but it is a pain for me.

Review about: Magicjack Phone Service.

Had an Experience with Magicjack?

Comments

Same problem for me... MJ support stated it was the cell phone I was calling. I laughed ans said I was calling a land line.

Their support is the worst never solved 1 of my problems.

I have similar issues with long calls being dropped.I currently use T-Mobile.

This is a quote from their Support > Plans > Calling & Messaging > Dropped Calls (https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-4120)

"Also, all calls will automatically drop after 4 hours to prevent unexpected overage from "pocket-dialing."

I was looking at using the MagicApp as an alternative to get around this using the data on my phone instead of minutes.

Then I found this in their Terms of Service > Internet Communications Feature > Outgoing Calls (http://www.magicjack.com/action/saps?language=)

I was so hopeful.Finally found an app that will make data calls to non-app users for free.

*sigh* what a disappointment

Sand Lake, Michigan, United States #856758

I am confronted with the same issue, only it's after about an hour.Then you try to reconnect and you get circuits busy over and over for about 20 calls before you can reconnect again.

I'm not sure if this is a recycling or what, but it must be discontinued!

If it's unlimited, it should NEVER hang up on people.This is the most annoying part of MJ!

#832020

New verbiage for length of use - "Calls of long duration may be terminated to make sure the integrity of the network is kept intact, which would prevent abandoned calls." I can not find an actual time offered on when a call might be terminated.I agree with everyone who posted that MJ wasn't upfront about it however it is in the Terms & Conditions in which I feel I should have read better.

Did anyone notice the terms about emergency numbers? Depending on the version of MJ you have will determine your ability to dial 911.

See term #5.That's scary if MJ is your only phone line in the house.

People it is not about the cheap service cost.It is about honesty!

None the less there is a fee to use this service! The premise of what they offer is fantastic but the programming and delivery is awful at best! Shame on you Magicjack! I could not care less if they charged 5 dollars a year!!!

Put out a product that delivers on what you promise. There is a statement in their terms that states something to the effect of resetting after 90 mins. It is not clear to the average person, that your call will be terminated in essence. Okay, I get it but then why the circuits busy!!!!

TOTAL BS!!! UNSATISFACTORY, GOODBYE MAGICJACK!! I have been on very important calls and can't describe the level of frustration when cut from a very important call! :( These tactics are acceptable on a calling system that's FREE, MJ is clearly not free!

Lets get into some other garbage they put out:

- I can never see my call waiting numbers as they come in (no they do not have a way, at this time, to disable the call waiting!!) Who in their right mind would want this "feature" if I can't see who is calling in! nonsense!

- I can't press numbers to progress fwd in the call menu's (ie. credit card companies, entering acct.

#'s, press one for English, haha, etc.)

- I can't choose to block my calls when dialing to numbers I would rather not release my number...

Magicjack you have reached the ULTIMATE epic fail in my book!!! GET SOME REAL PROGRAMMERS ON THE JOB!!! For those reading...

take it from a technology guru, there are plenty of other services out there that will do what MJ does but correctly and some are even FREE!Check out skype or for those using MJ internationally, just get their free number and take them for all you can as their paid service is clearly garbage!

Atwater, California, United States #788130

If magicJack, LP and/or magicJack VocalTec Ltd., and/or YMax Communications Corporation sees excessive use, including but not limited to, a customer whose usage is twenty (20) times more than the average magicJack and/or magicJack Plus device or magicJack APP customer usage, or a customer who calls more than 50 different telephone numbers per day, or a customer who forwards calls from their magicJack and/or magicJack PLUS device and/or magicJack APP to a non-magicJack number for longer than a two week consecutive period, or systematic or intentional misuse, it reserves the right, in our sole discretion, to terminate your use of the magicJack and/or magicJack Plus device and/or Software and/or magicJack APP immediately, and you will not be entitled to get a refund of any licensing fee or any other fee you may have paid to us.We reserve the right to reclaim any telephone number that does not make a call for a consecutive 90 days.

In the event that we reclaim a phone number and your software license is still active, you may choose another phone number.:zzz

If you now have the new MagicJack that plugs directly into your router, it will be limited to just 30 mins per day!

to Steve Atwater, California, United States #788131

MJ just told me its unlimited, no limits., except what I posted earlier

Same here 90 minutes and it hangs up, then all circuits busy for the next 15 minutes to ALL CALLS. :? :cry

Enfield, Connecticut, United States #679454

If your work has an 8 hour conference call, they need to get a better idea of how to run a business. While this is probably a seminar, for those calls perhaps you can find a better method. You would not be able to sit in your lounging clothes, but se la vie.