3.1
Coverage Area
Style and Design

Last Sunday, I lost magicjack phone service following a power outage. I've been in their queue for two nights over an hour last eve and well over two hours tonight.

The following is a copy of my conversation with their assistant Hello, I used “magicJack live” help to debug my issue which is “can’t make/receive calls following a power outage/restoration”. I normally connect the magicjack to my cable modem After “signing in” the app says “Please connect to the internet and double click here” Have a constant blue light - Tried different Cat 5 cables, tried connecting to router and modem connectivity internet ports, no joy Have a constant blue light - Have been provided the following codes PL0501479, PL0503822 and PL054031 the tests (two at my modem and one at my router) from three tests I believe I need a replacement magicJack Plus. I dont use the computer to connect my magic jack, it was only required to debug Status: Connected Levent D (Responding) Levent D: Hi, my name is Levent D. Levent D: Thank you for chatting with magicJack.

It will be my pleasure to assist you. How may I help you? David Dickhaus: I Hello, I used “magicJack live” help to debug my issue which is “can’t make/receive calls following a power outage/restoration”. I normally connect the magicjack to my cable modem After “signing in” the app says “Please connect to the internet and double click here” Have a constant blue light - Tried different Cat 5 cables, tried connecting to router and modem connectivity internet ports, no joy Have a constant blue light - Have been provided the following codes PL0501479, PL0503822 and PL054031 the tests (two at my modem and one at my router) from three tests I believe I need a replacement magicJack Plus.

Levent D: Understood. I will be happy to assist you, but before, for security purposes, would you please verify any two of the following pieces of information: the name on the account, the email address associated with the account, the magicJack telephone number, or the billing address on the account. David Dickhaus: David Dickhaus David Dickhaus: ***edic@yahoo.com David Dickhaus: **34**57** Levent D: Thank you very much for verifying that information. Quick question.

Is your magicJack plugged into your computer or is it connected to your router/modem? David Dickhaus: normal usage is cable router but I have it plugged into my computer right now David Dickhaus: Cant debug at the modem Levent D: Thank you. Can you please let me know which lights are on on your magicJack? David Dickhaus: constant blue light only Levent D: Understood.

Let's try to perform a refreshment test. Can I please ask you to unplug your magicJack from all cords and cables for a few seconds? I would like to send a refreshment signal to it. Levent D: Also from the computer.

David Dickhaus: unplugged David Dickhaus: Ive disconnected USB and internet - box is not connected Levent D: Can you plug it back? David Dickhaus: connected Levent D: Thank you. Can you please let me know which lights are on on your magicJack? David Dickhaus: Magicjack app just reopened Levent D: Do you have a dial tone?

David Dickhaus: blue light only David Dickhaus: no dial tone David Dickhaus: magic jack app continues to ask fto connect to internet even after it is Levent D: How is connected the magicJack device? Levent D: Can you describe to me? David Dickhaus: It is plugged into USB port on computer with a cat five cable from my router in the cat 5 slot and a phone cord in the phne slot David Dickhaus: quit simple really. I've had this device for three years or more Levent D: Can you plug it off the cat 5 cable from magicJack device?

David Dickhaus: done. Now only USB and phone Levent D: Thank you. Can you please let me know which lights are on on your magicJack? David Dickhaus: blue light only Levent D: iS IT SOLID?

David Dickhaus: yes it is Levent D: Sorry for the capital letters. David Dickhaus: NP Levent D: Can you see the dial pad now? David Dickhaus: I can David Dickhaus: In red it says "please connect to the internet and double click here" David Dickhaus: Now attempting "signing in" Levent D: Ok, please let me know. David Dickhaus: Now back to "please connect to the internet and double click here" David Dickhaus: I've been here for hours with this response David Dickhaus: Are you still there?

Levent D: Do you know what kind of operative system does your computer run? David Dickhaus: Windows 10 Levent D: Excellent. Can you please open a new browser or new browser window on your computer, copy and paste the following link and press enter: http://upgrades.magicjack.com/upgrade/upgrade.exe?_ga=2.23178298.1849738622.1513614730-644675180.1512505534 . That link will automatically download a firmware upgrade that I need you to please open and run on your computer.

David Dickhaus: the update is running but appears to be stuck at the signing in Levent D: Ok, please let me know. David Dickhaus: Now it is asking for an internet connection - should I reconnect the cat 5 cable David Dickhaus: I reconnected and double clicked as requested by the app Levent D: No, please do not connect the internet. David Dickhaus: it is stuck at "please connect to the internet and double click" Levent D: David, we are not using the same terms. I do not understand what you are saying.

Sorry for that. Levent D: Are you sure you have internet conenction on the computer? David Dickhaus: absolutely. David Dickhaus: we are using it and I have twice swapped David Dickhaus: I beieve I need a new device, can I order one Levent D: You can always order a new device but I can not confirm yet that the device is bad.

Levent D: So, it is your decision. Now, it is only $35 with one year service included. David Dickhaus: what will it take? it is properly connected and failed with a power outage David Dickhaus: I'll take it.

This has become too annoying. How do I order it Levent D: You can go online at www.magicjack.com and login. David Dickhaus: I want to keep this number and dont wish to wait for a transfer Levent D: After you will see on the main page we are offering a new device.

Or you can use the SHOP menu. The soultion was to go buy a new one as she couldnt confirm a failure.

Product or Service Mentioned: Magicjack Technical Support.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Magicjack Cons: After hours just trying to fix my phone, Solution is to buy another.

Comments

Have the same problem power outage replace equipment magicJack will not reconnect have done extensive reconnect have not gone as far as you have I think the problem solve the issue is to go buy a new one.