Magic jack | Magicjack in Lahore, Punjab Province

Hi my name is Stephen. I bought magic jack in 20 Feb 2010.Magic Jack is a very big scam they people are fraud. I paid license free to call for one year they blocked my out bound calls in 3rd month. I suggest to people all over the world please don`t buy magic jack other wise you will loose your money as i did. And i have chat with there people they dont want to open my outbound calls they don`t have any customer service.This compnay is just doing frad with people so please be care full. Stephen

Mr Seymor you are just lying and you are lier because magic jack is very big fraud and they are big scammers i think you are not magic jack user you are just one of their *** servent.

I've had MagicJack several years now and have probably saved over $1,000 on my phone bills. Seems it is your loss but don't complain about fraud because you made too many calls (the only way to have your service cancelled)and violated your TOS.

Thanks Tanya if you want more iformation for this fraud compnay just email me

saira_6969@yahoo.com

Magic jack is the very big scam every body should know it.

Stephen White

He is absolutely correct Magic Jack is a scam I ordered mine two weeks ago I was billed on my credit card for forty something dollars before the device was shipped...it states that you will receive a 30 day trial and if not satisfied return it and you will be refunded it DID NOT allow me to return the faulty device I will contact my credit card company to stop payment, since they will not give me the return info...PLEASE DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY WE ARE ALL TRYING TO SAVE NOT GET RIPPED OFF.

View more comments (3)
Review
#194893 Review #194893 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Magicjack Customer Care

Magicjack doesn't answer customer complaints service requests.

Magic jack has no live service people to help with problems. It will not accept our e mail address or zip code. how can we get this problem taken care of? WE have tried for three days to enter our information and all we get is a note that our zip code is wrong or our e mail is wrong. We have tried calling every number to be found and get a recording that the number is for billing questions only. They want to sell me another magicjack and I don't want another one, I want the one that I have to work. We paid for three years when we ordered this one and it has only been two years and it is disconnected already. Can anyone help us?

bob maybe u s not smartest alligator nor spel n type wel

Bob, could you explain how not accepting his e-mail and zip code is an indication that his computer is faulty?

yall are nuts mine has worked just fine maybe ur computer is the problem its not their fault u didnt plug it in its not a wireless device it has to b plugged in duh

MagicJUNK or MagicSCAM should be the name. It did not work for 11 month until renew time and by accident I plugged it in and lo and behold I learned it started to work.

Now MagicSCAM wants me to pay(renew) so it can keep working (cheat me once but never twice...) but will not offer me the time it did NOT work.

In fact previously it want additional $9.95 to get it working, SCAM if I ever see one. Suspect they just don't have the bandwidth to handle what they sold, SCAM, SCAM,....

View more comments (2)

Faulty equipment | Magicjack in Jackson, Michigan

magic jack you bought our equipment it was faulty now its yours you cannot return iy they will not send you a new one unless you send yhem 10.00 $ to cover postage but will send you one free if you buy it take care of the customer you have first and your bussiness will improve by words of praise instead of distress wake up magic jack if you dont take care of your customers they will not indorse your product and I dont blame them you are the worst company I have ever delt with your customer service was written by a *** with no customer sense at all and should be relived of their position soon they are costing you more than you know so get with the program and take care of your customers thanks I think not Roger
#119771

You should take over the customer service since you are so smart. I think NOT, you should go back and read what you wrote because it must have been written by a ***.

You make no sence what so ever. I have no idea what you are talking about and I can see you don't either because not one thing you wrote makes any sence at all.

#119429

Amen Fish

Hey Roger, check with your local community college to see if they offer any classes on grammar. Problem probably isn't the product, may be the *** using it.

View more comments (2)
Magicjack Customer Care

Lack of customer service that knows what there doing | Magicjack in Hampton, Virginia

I have had magic jack for six months. In most cases the calls were either delayed when answering or unable to answer. Now the biggest complaint I have is for the past 4 days I am unable to make outbound calls. The most frustrating part of this company is that they don't have telephone help, all is done on chat line. Compile that with using a foreign customer service office most likely located in Mumbai or regions close. They will not send a replacement device, they insist (the last rep) that it's on my end with my Mcafee firewall. Mcafee is another foreign customer service location probably in the same city as magic jack. I know the old saying "you pay for what you get" but wouldn't you think if you were selling a service, especially for something you need long term, that you would have a better customer service department and have people happy? No, that is not the case with this company. Another service that usually has high hopes of customer retention, but in the long run, just pissed consumers and knowing that the company has made lots of money selling this piece of junk. Great concept, but they need to get it right. I truly believe this company and it's owner(s) only look at the bottom line, money. Plain and simple. I looked for ways to contact Dan Borislow, the founder and company head. I found a P.O. Box 6785, West Palm Beach FL 33405. I already have a document ready to print and mail. I doubt he will ever read it or even care, I guess it's one way to vent plus I will tweet this and possibly report my complaint to the Better Business Bureau. I hate the fact that when you try to get their online chat section you must page through several posts before you can chat with customer service. They want you not to bother their service team but sell a product that requires some technical knowledge. Most people like myself are literate but not computer wiz kids. All they do is pass the buck, unfortunately at our expense. Now I must scramble to find another phone service, but I know I will never get it as economical as magic jack.

I have taken the time again to contact Mcafee and they were able to help me with this firewall problem. I spent 1 hour with them using the chat service they provide and had to have 2 agents help with this setting issue found in the firewall configuration.

Now the calls that I make (outbound) are ok but they sound garbled. Only one person that I talk to it sounds fine. Perhaps the other people (only 2 people) have bad phone connections. I will continue my troubleshooting, but at least now I can make outbound calls.

If anyone needs advice they may want to check with their security settings and try to give them a call. I do think mcafee has good technicians, but some don't want to give the time to explain some of these complex and technical issues.

They may be looking at their call time and how involved your particular problem is. But somehow this needs to change, but can only change when people get soo mad about customer service being overseas and that problem goes back to the company that decides it is cheaper to go overseas and not keep customer service in the USA.

Veronica, before you post read the article. Yes, I am old enough to know that!!

Mcafee is technically not free, its in with my monthly bill from my internet provider. What galls me the most is people like you!

Nothing is free! Your old enough to know that by now!

Hi George, thanks for that tidbit. I also have XP home edition.

I checked that avenue. The last technician advised me that mcafee needs to make sure my specific ports are open.

Thats when I realized that mcafee won't help either because I have the free service with my internet provider, so she said, "bye bye". I really want to keep this service but I can't figure out who can help me.

I tried magic jack when I had windows vista and it did not work. I got rid of vista, I downgraded to XP professional and then Magic jack worked and still works very well. It's the vista fiasco.

View more comments (4)
Loss

Magic Jack never mentioned high sp satellite doesn't work & CC terrible | Magicjack in Germantown, Maryland

I ordered Magis jack and there was no mention at all that satellite just does not work even though I have the fastest speed available. When it said WiFi, I thought I was good. I tried their customer care and first I went in circles for 20 minutes calling the same person over and over with a terrible connection on their instructions. When I tried to talk to them that took for ever and the "Zack" didn't know Hughesnet was satellite and took up to 5 minutes to respond to me with one or two words. After 45 minutes he simply said, it wom't work. I asked how to I send it back and his reply was "You mean you don't want it?" This guy either was on something, falling asleep, just simple or dealing with too many customers at a time. I doubt it was the last one. He transferred me abruptly to a woman how who was almos arogant and clearly just wanted to get rid of me. They insisted they took the money for the jack and S&H from my account but kept denying they also took the forst year. I told them it was clearly on my bank staement that the full amount for the 3 charges was sent to them and again they denied it. After that all they did is give me 2 numbers that had to be sent back with the jack. They have not returned any money yet but they stated clearly they will not return the $19.95 fee for the first year of service. It seem like a scam put together by kids. I know it works for some and thats what gives them the right and the funds to keep scamming others. Then I received 45 emails in a row from them giving me my password. Very Mature.

Three issues:

1) The advertising does not mention that CABLE INTERNET, DSL, or FIOS INTERNET service are required, so how can you "fire your phone company (or internet provider)?

2) The MAGICJACK works with any phone. WRONG ANSWER! The MAGICJACKA WORKS WITH newer telephones that have "eletronic ringers", not phones with mechanical bells,

and not with "ROTARY DIAL" phones.

3) Very imcompetent and arrogant customer service: If they can't fix the problem, they will "refer the problem to engineering, and "they will e-mail you back." WRONG ANSWER: I have been waiting

about six months, no reply. Then, you will

get the standard reply: "I am glad I was able to help you today!", although they didn't or couldn't fix the problem.

The service does work with the above limitations.

Magicjack Customer Care

Learn how to spell and maybe people can understand what you are trying to say. ;)

Magicjack Customer Care

WHAT MAJIC JACK DO NOT TELL YOU IN THEIR ADS.. | Magicjack in Greenwich, Connecticut

It wasn't until after a month of trying the Majic Jack customer care number 214 884 5124 that I learned that at Majic Jack's discretion they can discontinue you being able to make out going calls!! If they feel you are using the Majic Jack "excessively" they turn your outgoing call option off! The customer care person directed me to read item #6 in the Terms and Agreement, that does state that if it is felt you are using the Majic Jack too much your outgoing service can be terminated, but it gives you no guildeline as to exactly what is too much?? Also, at no time during their commercial do they make mention to this important fact!! What a scam!

I have Qwest and the taxes almost equal the cost of the service. Do these taxes still apply to MJ?

:x :( :cry :roll :eek :zzz :p 8) ;) :grin :)

This may be due to their ongoing discussions or already compeletd discussions with Skype which was at least supposed to be their international carrier. If they feel you are using it for business purposes and so does Skype that may be the reason as skype has a personal and a business plan.

*** I know but people have got to remember. No matter what advertising says, TOS is what you should believe and most assuredly believe. Also, if you pay five cents for a cigar, you get a five cent cigar.

This device wasn't designed to be the Universal Panacea for telephone users. It's cold comfort but look at it this way...you pay 20 bucks and make 100 bucks worth of calls in a year the device paid for itself five times over.

Good luck everyone.

It does say that. I just went and read it.

I had read the thing before, but never really saw it. That is a worry. My sole intention was to get 2 of them cause of international travel.

By the way it reads it does contradict what they advertise. magicjack.com/tos/

View more comments (3)
Magicjack Customer Care
Magic Jack Stinks. The company is nothing but a lot of thieves. Their customer care is a joke. No phone numbers to call. Nothing but a chat line to a "service rep". And, they are loyal to no one but the Magic Jack company. They are not there to help any...

i just got my magicjack today and i can not get a dial tone on my phone what is wrong with this thing i just paid you $81.00 for this thing

what is wrong????????????????????

View more comments

Magic Jack's Audio Quality is Really Poor | Magicjack in San Diego, California

One of the major issue about this Magic Jack is the person you call will hear sharp beeps from time to time like you accidently press a button on the phone. The Customer Care people never address that problem, told me to went through all kinds of updates, and nothing works. Eventually they told me to change my phone set! Customer cares are not helpful at all. and each chat session would take about 1 hour, and that's the only way to contact them. I would never recommend people to buy this, and I agree on other reviews, this company is a scam!

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM. MY PHONE IS A 2 LINE PHONE WITH ONE LINE USING MAGIC JACK AND THE OTHER LINE USING ATT VOIP.

WHEN USING THE ATT LINE THERE DOES NOT SEEM TO BE THIS PROBLEM. ALSO WHEN MAKING OUTGOING CALLS ON THE MJ LINE THER IS A 15-30 SECOND DELAY BEFORE CONNECTION IS MADE. I HAVE BEEN USING MJ FOR MORE THAN 6 YEARS AND HAVE ONLY HAD THIS PROBLEM FOR THE LAST 8 MONTHS OR SO. MY QUESTION IS ATT SABOTTOGING MJ CALLS?

IF ANYONE ELSE IS HAVING THIS PROBLEM PLEASE RESPOND. THANKS JEFF.

I had that problem once when I tried one of my old phones.

The audio quality has been perfect though. Never had a problem with my magicjack other then the beeping when I tried an old phone on it.

I'm not complaining.

View more comments (1)

Magic Jack in deed a scam | Magicjack in San Diego, California

I had my Magic Jack working for a while, then started having problmes of no audio, doesn't work through my phone from time to time, so everyday is a hit or miss. I chat with the Customer Care, and that's the ONLY way to contact them, they told me to go through whole bunch of things, and it didn't work. And it was my bad, i actually went through it again and again for like 6 times with 6 different chat sessions. Eventually i asked to get a replacement, so i was transfered on chat to somebody, then they first said they can't find my account, need my credit card number, then they said they found it, and I will be contacted in 24 hours, but then nobody contacted me, so I chatted again... now, to make the story short, Cassey, Bert, Desmond and Grace, total 4 so called "superviors", had promised i will be contacted and nothing happened, and they ALL said they couldn't find my account and then found it, and they all said it will be resolved in 24 hours... and they ALL said nothing was followed up because they can't find my account info (even though I have a copy of the confimration email). Eventually i told Grace, if they can't get my account, that means i don't have to pay and renew it (which is coming up soon), because they don't know i have an account, and it's working occasionally. I am not planning to renew, this company really sucks, and let's see if they will cut it off when my account is due, then hopefully they will realize.. they do have my account!
Robin T

My magicjack works sweet!!

Yeah right.

I (and several people I know) have a magicjack and they work perfectly fine.

Maybe you're just retarded.

View more comments (1)