Magicjack

I have had magicjack for awhile now and it worked fine, untill about 2 weeks ago. Then it got to where I couldnt make calls to local land lines. I contacted customer service and they tried to get it working, but never could. They were suppose to get back in touch with me, but I havent heard anything from them. I can call local cell numbers and numbers out of my area code, but thats it. I would NEVER recommend this to anyone. The customer service department isnt worth a ***. You cant talk to anyone. The only way to contact them is online. They dont seem to care about their customers. All they want is your money and once they get that your screwed!!!

Brian is Right On Track! You said it best Brian.

I'll continue to repeat "Don't Go Near It" Don't believe me, Don't believe Brian. Do your online research. Look at Magic Jack Complaints. After having the device for a month or two I started doing my homework.

I was sickened to read stories about the way Magic Jack runs it's operation. The way the customer is treated is really nonexistant. Live Chat only for tech help. What a joke.

Their call center is totally disgusting. They will run you in circles & wear you out most of the time getting you nowhere. Yea, the price is great. I was not impressed with the device & audio quality.

For goodness sake. Never give them a credit card #. You will really be the possible victim of their abuse. Read the stories for yourself then decide if you choose to give these jerks (who run the company) a dime.

If you see this as disgusting as I do, pass it on.

By the way, they did an auto renewel on my credit card without my consent claiming otherwise. Sickening!

Magic Jack has NO customer service! | Magicjack in Medford, Oregon

Yes, Magic Jack is cheap, and works great for outgoing calls and works fairly well on most incoming calls. But their "customer service" is a joke. After being a customer for YEARS, they didn't automatically renew my service as in the past, just cut off my service with one hours notice. I spent the hour trying to renew but their automated system ABSOLUTELY will not let me. So tried the "live" chat room, where they explain that it's all YOUR fault- your server, or your firewall, or your lack of understanding how the system works. (Nothing about my system has changed in years!) They simply seem unable to turn it back on! And they seem to care less if I continue as a customer or not! Shreck

MagicJack not so magical

Ok I bought the magic jack and first of all it was $40.00 not the $19.95 you see advertised on tv I installed it and it worked right away. shut down the computer last night now it won't work...first no dial tone now I GET Dial tone but can't call in or out then no Dial tone again tried the customer care but no one is there no service what so ever tried to uninstall magicjack only to find my computer can't uninstall it. Downloaded the uninstaller for my windows Xp guess what uninstaller won't work either so not only am I stuck without a working phone I am stuck with a worthless program as well this junk's going back to Walmart asap
Sandy

I bought Magic Jack,wouldn't install,took it back and exchanged for a new one.Same issue with second one.After reading the complaints here,I'm glad I took the second one back too and got my money back.PITIFUL !!

Companies advertise how great thier products are,but 80% of the time thier not even close. Majic jack is one of them in my book.

I know I can return it within 30 days,but for me it was a hassel just geting it with a debit card.

Had to go through chat three times in one week just for them to get it right. Now I have the jack and incoming and outgoing calls you can hear every other word or two.But what isn't a hassel now days!

my question is, I dont EVER use my home phone any more, But I have to have it for may alarm system to work and call out in emergency. Would magic jack work for that? I also need the landline for my computer somehow (Not sure if thats for backup or just to dial out to get my wireless signal or what the purpose is "I am not computer smart"), So I guess my confusion is, if I need a phone line for my computer and I need my computer for magic jack, will i still need the phone line anyway after magic jack is installed?

I bought a magicjack last week. In Toronto, ON, Ca, its quality is okay.

Signal dropped depending on continuity of internet. It freezes when I use internet.Even my speednet is 10 Mb.There is still troble now and then.

This magicjack is just a second chice used to supplement my cell phone. yep I got what I pay.

Sounds like its more of a user end problem to me, mine works phenomenally. I take this with me on any trips, and it works between computers, meaning you can plug and use ANYWHERE(I took it to a coffee shop with me and just had one of the headsets for cellphones).The 40$ is 20 for the unit, and 20 for the first year of service.

My only problems have been this: Contacts and Recent calls not downloaded, and the phone occasionally clicks and you cant understand someone(this is due to bandwidth issues, and im sure in my case it is my internet connection because it works well in other locations). Also the unit usually is not recognized after your computer "Hibernates", this is easily fixed by unplugging it, waiting for 30 seconds, and plugging back in(if its temperamental you can either restart computer, or, you can use a different usb port) if the light is on on the unit, then just find the magic jack icon and double click it. ALSO -- If you go to the magic jack page, there is a way to talk to a rep via a chat window, its kind of a loop of b.s. to find if you ask me, but it does exist.

Just keep clicking that the help didnt work, and you will see a place where you can write in your problem, and it will open up the chat window. Hope this helps people out

I bought a magicjack for a relative in Peru and it has been great my wife uses it to talk to her mom nearly every day no real quality issues. We bought the 5 year. Very happy with their product.

View more comments (5)

Magic Jack is Limiting me. | Magicjack in Dallas, Texas

I have had Magic Jack for over a year and have enjoyed it until lately. Last month they cut me off from using a conference number. I dial into this number twice a month for 30 minutes. Contacted them about it and they didn't care about me (their customer). They said they have their conference call and all others are restricted from use. So if the company I want to listen to don't use Magic Jack then I'm not allowed to listen to them. This is not someting they advertise or tell you about when you buy the box.

That schlock company could care less about u. They know there is plenty more suckers out there 2 fleece.

Magicjack Customer Care

I do not want voice mail and since 281.404.1551 has removed my magic jack from my PC | Magicjack in Phoenix, Arizona

please reinstate my magic jack line and do not change the PW, please call 6029565632, because since december 2010 I am unable to use my magic jack; however I already paid for it, so there is no excuse for not providing the service. I hope to hear from you very very soon because this is the second time that I have been paying the bill in one year and I received very poor services in return, it seems like that your rep don't seem to care to satisfy your customer. Like I indicate "restore my magic jack" connection because the icon has been dismissed. Hope to hear very soon @ wolfe42_leg@yahoo.com.

May i know the magic jack help line numbers

Review
#220941 Review #220941 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Magicjack Customer Care

Magic jack sucks because they have no customer service | Magicjack in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

Magic jack worked one time and never again. They already have my money and they don't care that the product does not work. You can not reach a live person to help you. If you have any problems with magic jack you are on your own. Don't waste your money. This is a very complicate operation that works on some computers but not all. This is a fly by night company that does not stand behind their products. The one time it actually worked the quality was poor but I could accept that if it worked at all. I am sure that if they had a live tech support the way they claim to have that they could satisfy me but their claim to have support is totally bogus.
Review
#206762 Review #206762 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Magicjack what a rippoff

magicjack what a ripoff i have a problem dialing out i contact the customer care and they tell me they will send it to the engineers after several hours of them getting me to do all kinds of things on my computer i am still waiting for them to contact me with the fix i have contacted them several more times and they want me to send 9.95 for shippimg for a replacement i feel they should replace the device because it is their equipment and i paid for a year subcrirtion now they will not even contact me
Review
#201454 Review #201454 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Magic jack terminated my number | Magicjack in Al Mansurah, Ad Daqahliyah

I ordered magic jack .Nov,29,2009..and I faced many probled ..echo and not clear voice and this wasn't the only problem I was having difficulty to call some number ,of course i went through the live chat and it was ***..keeping waiting ,sending automated answers and every time I received the same thing 1-Hello, how may I help you? 2-Can I have your magicJack Phone Number, Full name and the Email Address registered to this magicJack device please? 3-THEN: I am transferring you to one of our top 10% agents as rated by our customers. Please hold while I transfer you. 4-would it be okay for you that ill make a follow up report for this to be taken good care of? 5-please do not worry at all they didn't allow me to renew for second year sending me a silly email Thank you for your order of the magicJack on 09/28/2010. Due to the overwhelming demand for the magicJack, we are at this time only accepting orders from those who have not previously ordered a magicJack. Please visit us again in the future and we will try to accomodate everybody. We are pleased to announce that magicJack's are now available at Radio Shack and Best Buy. Please click the Best Buy or Radio Shack link if you would like to order your magicJack today. Thank you for your interest in magicJack. and after all i had more than two weeks waiting for them to contact me by email and of course they didn't so i tried again and they said that system had terminated my account according to TOS magicJack reserves the right to block calls to numbers that abuse its services such as, but not limited to, traffic stimulation numbers. If magicJack sees excessive use, including but not limited to, a customer whose usage is twenty (20) times more than the average magicJack's customer's usage, or a customer who calls more than 50 different telephone numbers per day, or systematic or intentional misuse, it reserves the right, in our sole discretion, to terminate your use of the magicJack device and/or Software immediately, and you will not be entitled to get a refund of any licensing fee or any other fee you may have paid to us. We reserve the right to reclaim any telephone number that does not make a call for a consecutive 90 days. In the event we reclaim a phone number and your software license is still active, you may choose another phone number. and of course they can't solve it or solve any problem as they said the system will not allow or help them i think it's repeated for many if you searh yahoo you will find many have same problem
Review
#200892 Review #200892 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss

Absolutely agree..MagicJack is a fraud!

I used the MagicJack just a few times, as I didn't find it very convenient. When the year was up to renew ... Only the 5 yr service was offered. I got to speak to customer service one time and was told my account will be reviewed and I will be getting the service back??? I could not get the phone service or the customer service again. 3 times I tried paying $20.00 using my visa, got a confirmation each time! NO SERVICE AND NO CHARGE ON MY VISA ACCOUNT! Troubling experience! People got/get suckered into buying the MagicJack ... the real "MAGIC" is trying to renew the $20.00 renewal service for the 2nd year. There is absolutely no-one to speak to! No Customer Care ... Nobody!! BUY IT and REGRET IT! All that advertising sounds so good ... That is the creepiest outfit on the market!! DONOT GET INVOLVED WITH THE "MAGIC JACK" unless you enjoy throwing away your hard earned money on trickery! Anyone involved with investments, purchasing, etc. in regard to this product will have a rude awakening! They want the customer to pay for a 5 yr prepayment service only to be cheated. This is a Fly by night, "customer beware" kind of thing! BE SMART, DON'T BUY!
#191897

Buy it at Radio Shack, if MJ doen't work, we may return. I don't have any problem with MJ.

$1.67/month for MJ, $8.33/month for T-Mobile Cell phone no contract. Only $10/month but they're so sufficient for communicating.

Dan Wynn

#191768

MJ is a great product..most of the problem is in your computers. I had an older computer an it just did not have the memory to support the Magic Jack. If you upgrade your memory to 2 GB or more it will work fine.

#190537

That's completely untrue I have been using the magic jack for 2 years now. I love my magic jack i have issues with it also but not like this.

sometimes i can hear myself and sometimes the person on the other line can hear me but i cant hear them! All in the end its worth the price now

#190531

I did not have a problem renewing mine. I just went online and in the MY ACCOUNT section, I was able to renew for 1yr.

Im sorry it didn't work out that way for you, but I find it very handy especially when living in a dorm! My school offers free intranet and therefore, I have free home phone service also!!

View more comments (3)
Review
#198642 Review #198642 is a subjective opinion of poster.

MagicJack Customer Service Does Not Exist

Plugged in my magicJack and low and behold I got the ol' automatic downgrade! Wiped out my contact list, erased my five year subscription on one of the numbers, and blocked log in to my accounts for anything but renewal of subscription! Spent nearly three hours on line with tehir chat folks, got hung up on twice and finally got one of them to acknowledge that the answer to all of my questions was 'NO' they would not help or fix anything. Absoolutely the worst help line/custoemr service experience I have encountered in several years. Most companies today recognize that one pissed off customer can destroy their reputation nad seriously damage their business. Clearly either magicJack does not care about lost business, or they are too naieve to understand the implcations of what they are doing. Turns out there are several other services out there that provide the same or better options without the hassles and horrible CS interface. I suspect taht magicJack continues to use off shore service centers since none fo teh folks I interfaced with could handle more than one concept at a time, could not see the relationship between one problem and another and did not use the english language in any sort of comprehensible manner. I was constantly asking additional questions to make certain that what they were saying was indeed what they meant. I had actually planned to buy ten magicJacks as gifts for friends in Asia and Europe for Christmas this year, but no chance of that now! When my subscription runs out I'll simply give my devices away to someone who wants to try it out and they can pay the bill themselves if they want to use it. Here is the sign off from the magicJack chat support guy I spoke with last "Me: Based on your responses I presume that you are simply saying 'no' to everything and it would be a waste of time to continue, is that your position?" "Evert: because the answers to your questions are all NO...and I already answered 3 of your queries..4th, if you have 5year plan, make sure you were able to apply it and 5th, it is not possible"
#192663

Now getting a drop down window when I open my magicJack asking me to submit a pre release code for MagicTalk if I have received and if not then proceed as normal. Only problem is that when I try to do the latter I cannot activate magicJack - I just keep getting the drop down window. What to do????

Michael J

Ceb is right on the money.It's not just Cust Serv. The service itself sucks.

Only an *** would expect support for $19.99 a year. The device either work for you or it dosent, but that dosent mean theres anything wrong with the device itself.

And if it dosent your only out $40.

That is, if you didn't get it with the 30 day free trail. If you want better suppport because of your own inadequacies, buy something else, let the rest of us enjoy the $19.99 a year for unlimited calls.

Daniel Borislow CEO,Peter Russo CFO

Phone numbers...561-832-3021

561-594-2140

fax 561-832-8377

Physical Address....

5700 Georgia Aven

West Palm Beach, Florida 33405

MagicJack uses offshore call centers. Each represetative handles 5 chat sessions at the same time and they get paid $1.75/hour.

How could you possibly expect quality customer service when you only paid $20 for the service. Pay your old phone company $500/year and you can expect better service. In turn, there are many better VoIP providers at $10-25/month, not $20 per year. Do you really think Dan B.

(owner of MagicJack) really cares about a few subscriptions out of the millions sold? Naieve? No one would describe Dan that way. No one but him has ever created a disposable phone service before and now he has introduced absolutely FREE phone service with MagicTalk.

Heh - naieve, no that would not be correct. A little reading by you of others experiences would have told you that buying a 5 year subscription wouldn't be advisable.

View more comments (4)
Review
#195541 Review #195541 is a subjective opinion of poster.