Product: Magicjack Customer Care Clear all filters (57 of 57 reviews match)
Filter by rating
filters
Seller:
State:
City:
Product:

Magicjack in Phoenix, Arizona - I do not want voice mail and since 281.404.1551 has removed my magic jack from my PC

please reinstate my magic jack line and do not change the PW, please call 6029565632, because since december 2010 I am unable to use my magic jack; however I already paid for it, so there is no excuse for not providing the service. I hope to hear from you very very soon because this is the second time that I have been paying the bill in one year and I received very poor services in return, it seems like that your rep don't seem to care to satisfy your customer. Like I indicate "restore my magic jack" connection because the icon has been dismissed. Hope to hear very soon @ wolfe42_leg@yahoo.com.

May i know the magic jack help line numbers

Review
#220941 Review #220941 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Magicjack Customer Care

Magicjack in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma - Magic jack sucks because they have no customer service

Magic jack worked one time and never again. They already have my money and they don't care that the product does not work. You can not reach a live person to help you. If you have any problems with magic jack you are on your own. Don't waste your money. This is a very complicate operation that works on some computers but not all. This is a fly by night company that does not stand behind their products. The one time it actually worked the quality was poor but I could accept that if it worked at all. I am sure that if they had a live tech support the way they claim to have that they could satisfy me but their claim to have support is totally bogus.
Review
#206762 Review #206762 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Magicjack what a rippoff

magicjack what a ripoff i have a problem dialing out i contact the customer care and they tell me they will send it to the engineers after several hours of them getting me to do all kinds of things on my computer i am still waiting for them to contact me with the fix i have contacted them several more times and they want me to send 9.95 for shippimg for a replacement i feel they should replace the device because it is their equipment and i paid for a year subcrirtion now they will not even contact me
Review
#201454 Review #201454 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Magicjack in Al Mansurah, Ad Daqahliyah - Magic jack terminated my number

I ordered magic jack .Nov,29,2009..and I faced many probled ..echo and not clear voice and this wasn't the only problem I was having difficulty to call some number ,of course i went through the live chat and it was ***..keeping waiting ,sending automated answers and every time I received the same thing 1-Hello, how may I help you? 2-Can I have your magicJack Phone Number, Full name and the Email Address registered to this magicJack device please? 3-THEN: I am transferring you to one of our top 10% agents as rated by our customers. Please hold while I transfer you. 4-would it be okay for you that ill make a follow up report for this to be taken good care of? 5-please do not worry at all they didn't allow me to renew for second year sending me a silly email Thank you for your order of the magicJack on 09/28/2010. Due to the overwhelming demand for the magicJack, we are at this time only accepting orders from those who have not previously ordered a magicJack. Please visit us again in the future and we will try to accomodate everybody. We are pleased to announce that magicJack's are now available at Radio Shack and Best Buy. Please click the Best Buy or Radio Shack link if you would like to order your magicJack today. Thank you for your interest in magicJack. and after all i had more than two weeks waiting for them to contact me by email and of course they didn't so i tried again and they said that system had terminated my account according to TOS magicJack reserves the right to block calls to numbers that abuse its services such as, but not limited to, traffic stimulation numbers. If magicJack sees excessive use, including but not limited to, a customer whose usage is twenty (20) times more than the average magicJack's customer's usage, or a customer who calls more than 50 different telephone numbers per day, or systematic or intentional misuse, it reserves the right, in our sole discretion, to terminate your use of the magicJack device and/or Software immediately, and you will not be entitled to get a refund of any licensing fee or any other fee you may have paid to us. We reserve the right to reclaim any telephone number that does not make a call for a consecutive 90 days. In the event we reclaim a phone number and your software license is still active, you may choose another phone number. and of course they can't solve it or solve any problem as they said the system will not allow or help them i think it's repeated for many if you searh yahoo you will find many have same problem
Review
#200892 Review #200892 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss

Absolutely agree..MagicJack is a fraud!

I used the MagicJack just a few times, as I didn't find it very convenient. When the year was up to renew ... Only the 5 yr service was offered. I got to speak to customer service one time and was told my account will be reviewed and I will be getting the service back??? I could not get the phone service or the customer service again. 3 times I tried paying $20.00 using my visa, got a confirmation each time! NO SERVICE AND NO CHARGE ON MY VISA ACCOUNT! Troubling experience! People got/get suckered into buying the MagicJack ... the real "MAGIC" is trying to renew the $20.00 renewal service for the 2nd year. There is absolutely no-one to speak to! No Customer Care ... Nobody!! BUY IT and REGRET IT! All that advertising sounds so good ... That is the creepiest outfit on the market!! DONOT GET INVOLVED WITH THE "MAGIC JACK" unless you enjoy throwing away your hard earned money on trickery! Anyone involved with investments, purchasing, etc. in regard to this product will have a rude awakening! They want the customer to pay for a 5 yr prepayment service only to be cheated. This is a Fly by night, "customer beware" kind of thing! BE SMART, DON'T BUY!
#191897

Buy it at Radio Shack, if MJ doen't work, we may return. I don't have any problem with MJ.

$1.67/month for MJ, $8.33/month for T-Mobile Cell phone no contract. Only $10/month but they're so sufficient for communicating.

Dan Wynn

#191768

MJ is a great product..most of the problem is in your computers. I had an older computer an it just did not have the memory to support the Magic Jack. If you upgrade your memory to 2 GB or more it will work fine.

#190537

That's completely untrue I have been using the magic jack for 2 years now. I love my magic jack i have issues with it also but not like this.

sometimes i can hear myself and sometimes the person on the other line can hear me but i cant hear them! All in the end its worth the price now

#190531

I did not have a problem renewing mine. I just went online and in the MY ACCOUNT section, I was able to renew for 1yr.

Im sorry it didn't work out that way for you, but I find it very handy especially when living in a dorm! My school offers free intranet and therefore, I have free home phone service also!!

View more comments (3)
Review
#198642 Review #198642 is a subjective opinion of poster.

MagicJack Customer Service Does Not Exist

Plugged in my magicJack and low and behold I got the ol' automatic downgrade! Wiped out my contact list, erased my five year subscription on one of the numbers, and blocked log in to my accounts for anything but renewal of subscription! Spent nearly three hours on line with tehir chat folks, got hung up on twice and finally got one of them to acknowledge that the answer to all of my questions was 'NO' they would not help or fix anything. Absoolutely the worst help line/custoemr service experience I have encountered in several years. Most companies today recognize that one pissed off customer can destroy their reputation nad seriously damage their business. Clearly either magicJack does not care about lost business, or they are too naieve to understand the implcations of what they are doing. Turns out there are several other services out there that provide the same or better options without the hassles and horrible CS interface. I suspect taht magicJack continues to use off shore service centers since none fo teh folks I interfaced with could handle more than one concept at a time, could not see the relationship between one problem and another and did not use the english language in any sort of comprehensible manner. I was constantly asking additional questions to make certain that what they were saying was indeed what they meant. I had actually planned to buy ten magicJacks as gifts for friends in Asia and Europe for Christmas this year, but no chance of that now! When my subscription runs out I'll simply give my devices away to someone who wants to try it out and they can pay the bill themselves if they want to use it. Here is the sign off from the magicJack chat support guy I spoke with last "Me: Based on your responses I presume that you are simply saying 'no' to everything and it would be a waste of time to continue, is that your position?" "Evert: because the answers to your questions are all NO...and I already answered 3 of your queries..4th, if you have 5year plan, make sure you were able to apply it and 5th, it is not possible"
#192663

Now getting a drop down window when I open my magicJack asking me to submit a pre release code for MagicTalk if I have received and if not then proceed as normal. Only problem is that when I try to do the latter I cannot activate magicJack - I just keep getting the drop down window. What to do????

MJL71160

Ceb is right on the money.It's not just Cust Serv. The service itself sucks.

Only an *** would expect support for $19.99 a year. The device either work for you or it dosent, but that dosent mean theres anything wrong with the device itself.

And if it dosent your only out $40.

That is, if you didn't get it with the 30 day free trail. If you want better suppport because of your own inadequacies, buy something else, let the rest of us enjoy the $19.99 a year for unlimited calls.

Daniel Borislow CEO,Peter Russo CFO

Phone numbers...561-832-3021

561-594-2140

fax 561-832-8377

Physical Address....

5700 Georgia Aven

West Palm Beach, Florida 33405

MagicJack uses offshore call centers. Each represetative handles 5 chat sessions at the same time and they get paid $1.75/hour.

How could you possibly expect quality customer service when you only paid $20 for the service. Pay your old phone company $500/year and you can expect better service. In turn, there are many better VoIP providers at $10-25/month, not $20 per year. Do you really think Dan B.

(owner of MagicJack) really cares about a few subscriptions out of the millions sold? Naieve? No one would describe Dan that way. No one but him has ever created a disposable phone service before and now he has introduced absolutely FREE phone service with MagicTalk.

Heh - naieve, no that would not be correct. A little reading by you of others experiences would have told you that buying a 5 year subscription wouldn't be advisable.

View more comments (4)
Review
#195541 Review #195541 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Magicjack in Lahore, Punjab Province - Magic jack

Hi my name is Stephen. I bought magic jack in 20 Feb 2010.Magic Jack is a very big scam they people are fraud. I paid license free to call for one year they blocked my out bound calls in 3rd month. I suggest to people all over the world please don`t buy magic jack other wise you will loose your money as i did. And i have chat with there people they dont want to open my outbound calls they don`t have any customer service.This compnay is just doing frad with people so please be care full. Stephen

Mr Seymor you are just lying and you are lier because magic jack is very big fraud and they are big scammers i think you are not magic jack user you are just one of their *** servent.

I've had MagicJack several years now and have probably saved over $1,000 on my phone bills. Seems it is your loss but don't complain about fraud because you made too many calls (the only way to have your service cancelled)and violated your TOS.

Thanks Tanya if you want more iformation for this fraud compnay just email me

saira_6969@yahoo.com

Magic jack is the very big scam every body should know it.

Stephen White

He is absolutely correct Magic Jack is a scam I ordered mine two weeks ago I was billed on my credit card for forty something dollars before the device was shipped...it states that you will receive a 30 day trial and if not satisfied return it and you will be refunded it DID NOT allow me to return the faulty device I will contact my credit card company to stop payment, since they will not give me the return info...PLEASE DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY WE ARE ALL TRYING TO SAVE NOT GET RIPPED OFF.

View more comments (3)
Review
#194893 Review #194893 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Magicjack Customer Care

Magicjack doesn't answer customer complaints service requests.

Magic jack has no live service people to help with problems. It will not accept our e mail address or zip code. how can we get this problem taken care of? WE have tried for three days to enter our information and all we get is a note that our zip code is wrong or our e mail is wrong. We have tried calling every number to be found and get a recording that the number is for billing questions only. They want to sell me another magicjack and I don't want another one, I want the one that I have to work. We paid for three years when we ordered this one and it has only been two years and it is disconnected already. Can anyone help us?

bob maybe u s not smartest alligator nor spel n type wel

Bob, could you explain how not accepting his e-mail and zip code is an indication that his computer is faulty?

yall are nuts mine has worked just fine maybe ur computer is the problem its not their fault u didnt plug it in its not a wireless device it has to b plugged in duh

MagicJUNK or MagicSCAM should be the name. It did not work for 11 month until renew time and by accident I plugged it in and lo and behold I learned it started to work.

Now MagicSCAM wants me to pay(renew) so it can keep working (cheat me once but never twice...) but will not offer me the time it did NOT work.

In fact previously it want additional $9.95 to get it working, SCAM if I ever see one. Suspect they just don't have the bandwidth to handle what they sold, SCAM, SCAM,....

View more comments (2)

Magicjack in Jackson, Michigan - Faulty equipment

magic jack you bought our equipment it was faulty now its yours you cannot return iy they will not send you a new one unless you send yhem 10.00 $ to cover postage but will send you one free if you buy it take care of the customer you have first and your bussiness will improve by words of praise instead of distress wake up magic jack if you dont take care of your customers they will not indorse your product and I dont blame them you are the worst company I have ever delt with your customer service was written by a *** with no customer sense at all and should be relived of their position soon they are costing you more than you know so get with the program and take care of your customers thanks I think not Roger
#119771

You should take over the customer service since you are so smart. I think NOT, you should go back and read what you wrote because it must have been written by a ***.

You make no sence what so ever. I have no idea what you are talking about and I can see you don't either because not one thing you wrote makes any sence at all.

#119429

Amen Fish

Hey Roger, check with your local community college to see if they offer any classes on grammar. Problem probably isn't the product, may be the *** using it.

View more comments (2)
Magicjack Customer Care

Magicjack in Hampton, Virginia - Lack of customer service that knows what there doing

I have had magic jack for six months. In most cases the calls were either delayed when answering or unable to answer. Now the biggest complaint I have is for the past 4 days I am unable to make outbound calls. The most frustrating part of this company is that they don't have telephone help, all is done on chat line. Compile that with using a foreign customer service office most likely located in Mumbai or regions close. They will not send a replacement device, they insist (the last rep) that it's on my end with my Mcafee firewall. Mcafee is another foreign customer service location probably in the same city as magic jack. I know the old saying "you pay for what you get" but wouldn't you think if you were selling a service, especially for something you need long term, that you would have a better customer service department and have people happy? No, that is not the case with this company. Another service that usually has high hopes of customer retention, but in the long run, just pissed consumers and knowing that the company has made lots of money selling this piece of junk. Great concept, but they need to get it right. I truly believe this company and it's owner(s) only look at the bottom line, money. Plain and simple. I looked for ways to contact Dan Borislow, the founder and company head. I found a P.O. Box 6785, West Palm Beach FL 33405. I already have a document ready to print and mail. I doubt he will ever read it or even care, I guess it's one way to vent plus I will tweet this and possibly report my complaint to the Better Business Bureau. I hate the fact that when you try to get their online chat section you must page through several posts before you can chat with customer service. They want you not to bother their service team but sell a product that requires some technical knowledge. Most people like myself are literate but not computer wiz kids. All they do is pass the buck, unfortunately at our expense. Now I must scramble to find another phone service, but I know I will never get it as economical as magic jack.

I have taken the time again to contact Mcafee and they were able to help me with this firewall problem. I spent 1 hour with them using the chat service they provide and had to have 2 agents help with this setting issue found in the firewall configuration.

Now the calls that I make (outbound) are ok but they sound garbled. Only one person that I talk to it sounds fine. Perhaps the other people (only 2 people) have bad phone connections. I will continue my troubleshooting, but at least now I can make outbound calls.

If anyone needs advice they may want to check with their security settings and try to give them a call. I do think mcafee has good technicians, but some don't want to give the time to explain some of these complex and technical issues.

They may be looking at their call time and how involved your particular problem is. But somehow this needs to change, but can only change when people get soo mad about customer service being overseas and that problem goes back to the company that decides it is cheaper to go overseas and not keep customer service in the USA.

Veronica, before you post read the article. Yes, I am old enough to know that!!

Mcafee is technically not free, its in with my monthly bill from my internet provider. What galls me the most is people like you!

Nothing is free! Your old enough to know that by now!

Hi George, thanks for that tidbit. I also have XP home edition.

I checked that avenue. The last technician advised me that mcafee needs to make sure my specific ports are open.

Thats when I realized that mcafee won't help either because I have the free service with my internet provider, so she said, "bye bye". I really want to keep this service but I can't figure out who can help me.

I tried magic jack when I had windows vista and it did not work. I got rid of vista, I downgraded to XP professional and then Magic jack worked and still works very well. It's the vista fiasco.

View more comments (4)