Product: Magicjack Customer Care Clear all filters (57 of 57 reviews match)
Filter by rating
filters
Seller:
State:
City:
Product:

Magicjack in Saint Louis, Missouri - Worst company ever

Try to keep it short. They could not port my number on a old magic Jack customer service no help (idiots) just retry. Dummy me ordered magic jack plus and tried to get number ported at registration they say number already transferred. Customer service nonresistance. Run from this company you can not talk to anyone on the phone. Had to get credit card company involved. Trying to return the magic Jack plus that want load and their website has no recored of my purchase. All they do is try to get you hooked for the intial cost and then they don't care.
#419573

i need some one to call me at 404 702 5388

Magicjack in Allen Park, Michigan - Promiss first year free its lie

promiss to have one free but after the first year they turned off they charged for the first I want to no when do I get my first free yr. and volume quality very poor you could not bearley hear the people and when you try to I could,nt pay my bill with debt. card to get my free year of magic jack .somebody needs to take more time to help for your customers dont tell people one thing then do something different customer care needs to slow down when they explain your service dont tell a lot of bull that we dont need to hear.

Ordered Magic Jack back on December 7, 2011 from an email from the founder/ceo for an introductory price of $34.95

I have yet to receive the two that I ordered, and trying to communicate with their customer service department is ridiculous. They transfer the online communication to one of "their 10% better " customer service representatives that have no clue as to what I was trying to accomplish - get two Magic Jacks for the introductory price, without success.

There is no way to speak directly to someone, and all you get, when contacting their website is a musical message.

Good Luck to those trying to order online.

Magicjack in New York, New York - Magic jack

most *** dumb thing ive ever experienced. >:o do not buy magic jack at all!!!!!!!!! this is dumb and retarded. hard to install. box doesnt even come with a customer care number to ask questions. so ***. que ***. so *** it had to be an american product like seriously american? it should be easy to install. so complicated this *** has me pissed off! do not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not buy magic jack plus at all!!!! do not buy it take my advice.
Magicjack Customer Care

Magicjack in Allentown, Pennsylvania - Magic Jack ripped me off too!

this is my tale with magicJack. yes they have saved me a ton of money and so i think the magicjack is great because of that ...but there customer service and commitment to customer satisfaction is really, really not good. it is the worst maybe ever! really i have not had worse customer care anywhere or at any time. Just bought that magicjack plus because i thought that it would work better than the old magicjack original that i had. and it does...however...i had paid for service on my old magicjack till 2014. Now the company tells me that i can use the old one till 2014 but i cannot transfer service from the old device to the new one. i have to buy service all over again. Rediculous right. I am so pissed. the following is the conversation i had with there "customer service". Mind you that they have no over the phone customer service...only a chat room where minimally educated people with no power to help you live. benjamin Kern: Hello Reyna I need your help Reyna: Hello, how may I help you? Reyna: May I know the exact nature of your problem with full details please? benjamin Kern: I have just bought and installed a magic jack plus. i have an old magic jack that i just upgraded from. Now my service information is saying that my renewal is due in nov 2012. I was current until sometime in 2014 with my previous service. Please tell me that i am not expected to forfiet the money that i had paid for service with the old magic jack. Reyna: Please wait while I check that for you benjamin Kern: okay Reyna: Thank you for waiting. Reyna: Is this the number: 484-485-7035 for your original magicJack? benjamin Kern: yes Reyna: Thank you. Reyna: One moment please... Reyna: Thank you for waiting. Reyna: Phone Number: (484) 485-7035 Reyna: License Expires: 04/15/2014 Reyna: The account is still good until the date above. You can still use your original magicJack service. benjamin Kern: so i can still use my original magic jack service...okay. but with my new magic jack plus or with the old magic jack? Reyna: Please allow me to clarify that I am referring for your old magicJack, not the magicJack Plus. Reyna: This is the expiration for your old magicJack:04/15/2014. Reyna: For the magicJack Plus, it is 11/02/2012. benjamin Kern: now really. that does not make much sense does it? why don't you guys just give me a redemption code to add that service to my new magicjack plus supscription? that would make sense to me...i have already paid for the service after all. don't you think that is fair? benjamin Kern: and....this makes me a happy customer. Reyna: Please allow me to inform you that magicJack and magicJack Plus are different. The service for each should be purchased separately. benjamin Kern: is that really all that can be said about it? I would like to chat with a manager please. or is there a number that i can call to speak with someone? a manager please? Reyna: I am transferring you to one of our top 10% agents as rated by our customers. Please hold while I transfer you. Please wait while I transfer the chat to the best suited site operator. You are now chatting with 'Nikki' Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK554013358615X Nikki: Hi there this is Nikki and I will be assisting you. Please give me a few moments to review your previous chat. Thank you! benjamin Kern: Thanks Nikki, hope that you can help me. Nikki: I will be right with you. benjamin Kern: okay Nikki: Hi Benjamin. It's like this. The 5 year plan is applied to your regular MJ device and not the number.. You can get the same phone number as your MJ but it cannot be transferred to your MJ Plus since they are both different. Again, the plan was applied to the MJ device. So even if you have a new regular MJ or an MJ Plus with the same phone number, the 5 year plan still can't be transferred. We can only transfer it to a new and unregistered regular MJ but not to the MJ Plus. benjamin Kern: that is really, really horrible you know? I know that you don't make the rules but.... is there anyone else that i can complain to? I really feel ripped off here. I would like to speak to a senior manager about this issue? what am i supposed to do with my old magic jack that has 3 years of service on it with the same #? it is garbage if i am going to use the new one. do you see what i mean? Nikki: The 5 year plan is activated to the MJ device and not to the number. And even if I transfer you, they will still say the same thing. You are not ripped off. You can still use your regular MJ since the license is still good till 2014. benjamin Kern: Did i agree to this in the contact i agreed to when i activated the magicjack plus? benjamin Kern: and how do i change the number for the old magic jack...it does not do me much good to have them both registered to one #? at least i could give one of them away or something like that? benjamin Kern: i don't have use for two of them benjamin Kern: is there anyone that i can talk to on the phone? do you have phone support at alll? Nikki: Our customer service is only through this chat. You can change your number. Number change costs $10. And yes, you agreed to our terms of service that's under Number 8. License. It states it's non transferable. You cannot transfer the renewal from the MJ to the MJ Plus benjamin Kern: okay well that seems to settle it. i know that you don't make the rules...just know that i think this is really really lame. I will try and give one of them away to a good home i guess. thanks for the help Nikki: Thank you too for your understanding Benjamin. Have a good one. Bye

Sell it on EBay and try and get what is left on your old Magic Jack...That way you won't lose money..

benjamin2005

What i was trying to say...more clearly...is that obviously i need to give it away or trade with or give it to someone else. At this point i am planning on saving the old magic jack and then use it only if i have trouble with the old one...since they are not great about replacing faulty products.

Kind of like insurance. I don't want to use the old one unless i have to b/c the new one works really really well. Honestly, i am really happy with it.

All the complaints that i had about the old one have been resolved with the MJ+. Still a litte pissed though.

@benjamin2005

Thanks Benjamin, for your post. I appreciate you're honesty in although your poised with their service you still told the truth about how well the mjp works.

I am utterly pleased with how mine works but your post made me realize what I face if I want to upgrade. It also alerted me to never purchase the five year plan.

benjamin2005

Thanks for the pep talk Dan. Obviously i have no other choice..My point with saying that they ripped me off is that this buisness practice is not something that i agree with.

The concept is not something that is seen anywhere else with phone service that i have ever had experience with either with land line or cell service.

Hope that you feel better that you have laid claim to your literacy and put mine in question.

I just learned how to read last week i'll have you know. :zzz

Benjamin, just accept that they won't transfer the account over. Get a different number for the + and hang on to the old mj long enough to make sure + works.

If you don't need it then give it away to a relative or friend overseas. It sucks but honestly the idea of the account transfer seems to be only in the customers' heads.

View more comments (4)
Loss

Magicjack in San Diego, California - Magic Jack Sucks!

When I got the device I had a couple of technical questions so I looked and looked through the paperwork but could not find a number to call. Only a chatline that was so frustrating because you could tell it was in India and they could not understand what I was trying to say, plus a lot of canned wording. I was literally screaming from frustration after 3-4 hours on the chatline until I finally said 'forget it!' and I just returned the device immediately! Why do these companies send their customer care to foreign countries? And not even person-to-person help! A chatline is so cold and inpersonal, especially when a lot of the wording is canned and the people can't even understand what you are trying to explain. Since a lot of the wording is canned, you just go round and round in circles. Where is the good old American personal customer service of the past?

I agree magic jack really sucks its a scam

I love my magicjack! So sorry you had so many issues with yours. Customer service can make or break a product.

Magic Jack recently merged with Vocal Tek:

Finance & Accountings: web-finance@vocaltec.com

Marketing and Sales: web-sales@vocaltec.com

View more comments (2)

Magicjack in Miami, Florida - Poor customer service

My magic jack quit working 3/2011 could not get any dial tone. I contacted magic jack they had me on phone for over an hr moving me from one person to the other. Problem still was not solved they wanted me to stay on the line longer was fed up and hung up. Now after months of no magic jack service they took renewal fees out of my checking account. I call them about taking the money out of my account. All during this time of speaking with them they never offered to replace the equipment. They dont care about their customers.

magic jack quit working

how did you call them? I haven't been able to find a number.

or were you "live chat" with them? thanks.

View more comments (1)

Magicjack

I have had magicjack for awhile now and it worked fine, untill about 2 weeks ago. Then it got to where I couldnt make calls to local land lines. I contacted customer service and they tried to get it working, but never could. They were suppose to get back in touch with me, but I havent heard anything from them. I can call local cell numbers and numbers out of my area code, but thats it. I would NEVER recommend this to anyone. The customer service department isnt worth a ***. You cant talk to anyone. The only way to contact them is online. They dont seem to care about their customers. All they want is your money and once they get that your screwed!!!

Brian is Right On Track! You said it best Brian.

I'll continue to repeat "Don't Go Near It" Don't believe me, Don't believe Brian. Do your online research. Look at Magic Jack Complaints. After having the device for a month or two I started doing my homework.

I was sickened to read stories about the way Magic Jack runs it's operation. The way the customer is treated is really nonexistant. Live Chat only for tech help. What a joke.

Their call center is totally disgusting. They will run you in circles & wear you out most of the time getting you nowhere. Yea, the price is great. I was not impressed with the device & audio quality.

For goodness sake. Never give them a credit card #. You will really be the possible victim of their abuse. Read the stories for yourself then decide if you choose to give these jerks (who run the company) a dime.

If you see this as disgusting as I do, pass it on.

By the way, they did an auto renewel on my credit card without my consent claiming otherwise. Sickening!

Loss

Magicjack in Medford, Oregon - Magic Jack has NO customer service!

Yes, Magic Jack is cheap, and works great for outgoing calls and works fairly well on most incoming calls. But their "customer service" is a joke. After being a customer for YEARS, they didn't automatically renew my service as in the past, just cut off my service with one hours notice. I spent the hour trying to renew but their automated system ABSOLUTELY will not let me. So tried the "live" chat room, where they explain that it's all YOUR fault- your server, or your firewall, or your lack of understanding how the system works. (Nothing about my system has changed in years!) They simply seem unable to turn it back on! And they seem to care less if I continue as a customer or not! Shreck

MagicJack not so magical

Ok I bought the magic jack and first of all it was $40.00 not the $19.95 you see advertised on tv I installed it and it worked right away. shut down the computer last night now it won't work...first no dial tone now I GET Dial tone but can't call in or out then no Dial tone again tried the customer care but no one is there no service what so ever tried to uninstall magicjack only to find my computer can't uninstall it. Downloaded the uninstaller for my windows Xp guess what uninstaller won't work either so not only am I stuck without a working phone I am stuck with a worthless program as well this junk's going back to Walmart asap
carrolls459

I bought Magic Jack,wouldn't install,took it back and exchanged for a new one.Same issue with second one.After reading the complaints here,I'm glad I took the second one back too and got my money back.PITIFUL !!

Companies advertise how great thier products are,but 80% of the time thier not even close. Majic jack is one of them in my book.

I know I can return it within 30 days,but for me it was a hassel just geting it with a debit card.

Had to go through chat three times in one week just for them to get it right. Now I have the jack and incoming and outgoing calls you can hear every other word or two.But what isn't a hassel now days!

my question is, I dont EVER use my home phone any more, But I have to have it for may alarm system to work and call out in emergency. Would magic jack work for that? I also need the landline for my computer somehow (Not sure if thats for backup or just to dial out to get my wireless signal or what the purpose is "I am not computer smart"), So I guess my confusion is, if I need a phone line for my computer and I need my computer for magic jack, will i still need the phone line anyway after magic jack is installed?

I bought a magicjack last week. In Toronto, ON, Ca, its quality is okay.

Signal dropped depending on continuity of internet. It freezes when I use internet.Even my speednet is 10 Mb.There is still troble now and then.

This magicjack is just a second chice used to supplement my cell phone. yep I got what I pay.

Sounds like its more of a user end problem to me, mine works phenomenally. I take this with me on any trips, and it works between computers, meaning you can plug and use ANYWHERE(I took it to a coffee shop with me and just had one of the headsets for cellphones).The 40$ is 20 for the unit, and 20 for the first year of service.

My only problems have been this: Contacts and Recent calls not downloaded, and the phone occasionally clicks and you cant understand someone(this is due to bandwidth issues, and im sure in my case it is my internet connection because it works well in other locations). Also the unit usually is not recognized after your computer "Hibernates", this is easily fixed by unplugging it, waiting for 30 seconds, and plugging back in(if its temperamental you can either restart computer, or, you can use a different usb port) if the light is on on the unit, then just find the magic jack icon and double click it. ALSO -- If you go to the magic jack page, there is a way to talk to a rep via a chat window, its kind of a loop of b.s. to find if you ask me, but it does exist.

Just keep clicking that the help didnt work, and you will see a place where you can write in your problem, and it will open up the chat window. Hope this helps people out

I bought a magicjack for a relative in Peru and it has been great my wife uses it to talk to her mom nearly every day no real quality issues. We bought the 5 year. Very happy with their product.

View more comments (5)
Loss

Magicjack in Dallas, Texas - Magic Jack is Limiting me.

I have had Magic Jack for over a year and have enjoyed it until lately. Last month they cut me off from using a conference number. I dial into this number twice a month for 30 minutes. Contacted them about it and they didn't care about me (their customer). They said they have their conference call and all others are restricted from use. So if the company I want to listen to don't use Magic Jack then I'm not allowed to listen to them. This is not someting they advertise or tell you about when you buy the box.

That schlock company could care less about u. They know there is plenty more suckers out there 2 fleece.