NOT taking care of the problem | Magicjack in Orlando, Florida

My complaint to MJ In March 2012, I have bought two MJs and since I am using the MJ as my regular telephone connection, I have PROBLEMS receiving or making phone calls. ALL calls, INcoming or OUTgoing, are CUT OFF several times - NOT even lasting a full minute. This is happening to local or long distance calls - in order to have any conversation, either I, or the other party has to REdial because the connection is INTERRUPTET without warning. The callers from EUROPE receive some recording right of way when dialing my number WITHOUT getting a ring on my end BUT, right of way, I am getting THE VOICE MAIL message from MJ sent to my Email - of course, without a message from the caller - since they did not even get a ring from my end of the line. The voice mail message COMES ON RIGHT OF WAY when someone is trying to reach me - their call DOES NOT REACH MY HOME !! - again, it does not matter if it is a LOCAL or LONG DISTANCE call. Many times, when I try to make a call, I get a recording from MJ "Check your internet connection or visit MJ Customer Care". This is another impossible task a MJ customer is subjected to: Being on CHAT with a so called "MJ Specialist / Representative" for HOURS (where he/she tells the customer what to change and check on the actual MJ hook-up or on the customer's computer and NOT gettting ANY results - THE PROBLEMS are still THE SAME! NOT being able to receive phone calls nor placing calls without problems. MJ is NOT producing what it advertises but taking my money. I am requesting, either getting this problem corrected immediately, or return my money. Regards, E. k.

:( MAGIC JACK THE COMPANY FROM ***. I HATE THOSE *** OPERATORS WHO ARE NOTHING BUT BLOODY *** TERRORISTS.

THEY ARE EXTREMELY ***, WHEN YOU CHATTING, THE MO *** CAN'T TELL IF YOU WAITING FOR THEM OR THEY WAITING FOR YOU, YOU TELL THEM WHATS THE PROBLEM , THEY TELL TO WAIT THEN THEY DISCONNECT ACCUSING YOU OF NOT RESPONDING, WITHOUT EVEN ASKING IF YOU STILL THERE.

***.K YOU MAGIC JACK *** GO TO ***. ***.K THE FTC FOR ALLOWING YOU TO DO BUSINESS.

MagicJack Plus non-connection probs

I purchased a Magicjack Plus and tried to register the device. After filling in all the details, credit card info, I got the message to say I was registered. As soon as I tried to use it it ask me to registrt again, this I did several times using different Credit cards and email addresses but not luck. I have contacted the on-line support probably 10 times. I get the usual run around, my situation is on priority, havs gone to a higher level, watch for an email. No-one can tell me what the problem is. Someone remotely connected look at some network setting and then just gave up and disconnected with out letting me know. Everyone you talk to tells you it has gone to a higher department which makes me think the service desk is in India or some othet remote place. The verbage used gives it away. I have used Magic jack before and was quite happy not sure what the problem is this time. I think it's about get the money from the customer, if it works great if not who cares!!!! If you contact the accounts dept they fob you off to the on-line people who.....yes you guest it DON"T CARE.
Magicjack Customer Care

Magicjack Plus you'd have to be a magician to get the *** think to work

Bought the MJ+ in February and hooked to router. right from the start it continually dropped calls, the sound quality and sound levels were terrible. next day i could not receive any land line calls, so after a hour in the online chat room it did finally get resolved, then more issues of dropped calls, sound quality... back to the online chat room, continually being asked to hook the mj+ to the computer, numerous changes to settings in the router, with no help i might ad to repair the dropped calls and sound quality. its almost like the mj+ plus is not perfected enough to be a stand alone device hooked to the router but more so like the old mj hooked to your computer. anyway the final straw was lately we could not receive calls again from anyone and no one had any answers. this is the worst experience ive ever had with an electronic item. the customer service is the worst in the industry, once they have your money i do not think they care what issues your having.

:( I have been using MagicJack for a number of years. Several months ago I "upgraded" to MagicJack Plus but I couldn't get a connection even after talking to four (4) different MJ techs.

I asked for a refund but they wouldn't give me.

I contested the charge with my credit card company and they reversed the charge. Now MJ does not want to renew my regular MJ because I questioned their MJ Plus.

Sent mj back due to poor audio. Had old # tranfered to mj.

Am onw without ANY land line service till phone co. can re-establish -about 10 days. Customer service with mj is a complete lie. DON'T FALL FOR THIS ITEM.

Phone number sends you to computer with canned responsis that don't help. Email is a farce - no reply EVER.

View more comments (1)

Magic Jack | Magicjack in Old Town, Maine

Up until Mar. 8th I was able to use my Magic Jack. On that day I could receive and make long distance and local calls. I've had this since Oct. of 2011 and it has been working fine. I couldnt call locally. I tried on line chat but they didnt seem to solve the problem or even care. They are a service that should be looked into. I've contacted the FCC and filed a complaint. Dont buy this product you will be very disappointed if you try to get customer service. I wont restitution from this company.My Magic Jack is the regular one not the plus.

Worst company ever | Magicjack in Saint Louis, Missouri

Try to keep it short. They could not port my number on a old magic Jack customer service no help (idiots) just retry. Dummy me ordered magic jack plus and tried to get number ported at registration they say number already transferred. Customer service nonresistance. Run from this company you can not talk to anyone on the phone. Had to get credit card company involved. Trying to return the magic Jack plus that want load and their website has no recored of my purchase. All they do is try to get you hooked for the intial cost and then they don't care.
#419573

i need some one to call me at 404 702 5388

Promiss first year free its lie | Magicjack in Allen Park, Michigan

promiss to have one free but after the first year they turned off they charged for the first I want to no when do I get my first free yr. and volume quality very poor you could not bearley hear the people and when you try to I could,nt pay my bill with debt. card to get my free year of magic jack .somebody needs to take more time to help for your customers dont tell people one thing then do something different customer care needs to slow down when they explain your service dont tell a lot of bull that we dont need to hear.

Ordered Magic Jack back on December 7, 2011 from an email from the founder/ceo for an introductory price of $34.95

I have yet to receive the two that I ordered, and trying to communicate with their customer service department is ridiculous. They transfer the online communication to one of "their 10% better " customer service representatives that have no clue as to what I was trying to accomplish - get two Magic Jacks for the introductory price, without success.

There is no way to speak directly to someone, and all you get, when contacting their website is a musical message.

Good Luck to those trying to order online.

Magic jack | Magicjack in New York, New York

most *** dumb thing ive ever experienced. >:o do not buy magic jack at all!!!!!!!!! this is dumb and retarded. hard to install. box doesnt even come with a customer care number to ask questions. so ***. que ***. so *** it had to be an american product like seriously american? it should be easy to install. so complicated this *** has me pissed off! do not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not buy magic jack plus at all!!!! do not buy it take my advice.

Magic Jack ripped me off too! | Magicjack in Allentown, Pennsylvania

this is my tale with magicJack. yes they have saved me a ton of money and so i think the magicjack is great because of that ...but there customer service and commitment to customer satisfaction is really, really not good. it is the worst maybe ever! really i have not had worse customer care anywhere or at any time. Just bought that magicjack plus because i thought that it would work better than the old magicjack original that i had. and it does...however...i had paid for service on my old magicjack till 2014. Now the company tells me that i can use the old one till 2014 but i cannot transfer service from the old device to the new one. i have to buy service all over again. Rediculous right. I am so pissed. the following is the conversation i had with there "customer service". Mind you that they have no over the phone customer service...only a chat room where minimally educated people with no power to help you live. benjamin Kern: Hello Reyna I need your help Reyna: Hello, how may I help you? Reyna: May I know the exact nature of your problem with full details please? benjamin Kern: I have just bought and installed a magic jack plus. i have an old magic jack that i just upgraded from. Now my service information is saying that my renewal is due in nov 2012. I was current until sometime in 2014 with my previous service. Please tell me that i am not expected to forfiet the money that i had paid for service with the old magic jack. Reyna: Please wait while I check that for you benjamin Kern: okay Reyna: Thank you for waiting. Reyna: Is this the number: 484-485-7035 for your original magicJack? benjamin Kern: yes Reyna: Thank you. Reyna: One moment please... Reyna: Thank you for waiting. Reyna: Phone Number: (484) 485-7035 Reyna: License Expires: 04/15/2014 Reyna: The account is still good until the date above. You can still use your original magicJack service. benjamin Kern: so i can still use my original magic jack service...okay. but with my new magic jack plus or with the old magic jack? Reyna: Please allow me to clarify that I am referring for your old magicJack, not the magicJack Plus. Reyna: This is the expiration for your old magicJack:04/15/2014. Reyna: For the magicJack Plus, it is 11/02/2012. benjamin Kern: now really. that does not make much sense does it? why don't you guys just give me a redemption code to add that service to my new magicjack plus supscription? that would make sense to me...i have already paid for the service after all. don't you think that is fair? benjamin Kern: and....this makes me a happy customer. Reyna: Please allow me to inform you that magicJack and magicJack Plus are different. The service for each should be purchased separately. benjamin Kern: is that really all that can be said about it? I would like to chat with a manager please. or is there a number that i can call to speak with someone? a manager please? Reyna: I am transferring you to one of our top 10% agents as rated by our customers. Please hold while I transfer you. Please wait while I transfer the chat to the best suited site operator. You are now chatting with 'Nikki' Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK554013358615X Nikki: Hi there this is Nikki and I will be assisting you. Please give me a few moments to review your previous chat. Thank you! benjamin Kern: Thanks Nikki, hope that you can help me. Nikki: I will be right with you. benjamin Kern: okay Nikki: Hi Benjamin. It's like this. The 5 year plan is applied to your regular MJ device and not the number.. You can get the same phone number as your MJ but it cannot be transferred to your MJ Plus since they are both different. Again, the plan was applied to the MJ device. So even if you have a new regular MJ or an MJ Plus with the same phone number, the 5 year plan still can't be transferred. We can only transfer it to a new and unregistered regular MJ but not to the MJ Plus. benjamin Kern: that is really, really horrible you know? I know that you don't make the rules but.... is there anyone else that i can complain to? I really feel ripped off here. I would like to speak to a senior manager about this issue? what am i supposed to do with my old magic jack that has 3 years of service on it with the same #? it is garbage if i am going to use the new one. do you see what i mean? Nikki: The 5 year plan is activated to the MJ device and not to the number. And even if I transfer you, they will still say the same thing. You are not ripped off. You can still use your regular MJ since the license is still good till 2014. benjamin Kern: Did i agree to this in the contact i agreed to when i activated the magicjack plus? benjamin Kern: and how do i change the number for the old magic jack...it does not do me much good to have them both registered to one #? at least i could give one of them away or something like that? benjamin Kern: i don't have use for two of them benjamin Kern: is there anyone that i can talk to on the phone? do you have phone support at alll? Nikki: Our customer service is only through this chat. You can change your number. Number change costs $10. And yes, you agreed to our terms of service that's under Number 8. License. It states it's non transferable. You cannot transfer the renewal from the MJ to the MJ Plus benjamin Kern: okay well that seems to settle it. i know that you don't make the rules...just know that i think this is really really lame. I will try and give one of them away to a good home i guess. thanks for the help Nikki: Thank you too for your understanding Benjamin. Have a good one. Bye

Sell it on EBay and try and get what is left on your old Magic Jack...That way you won't lose money..

Ben

What i was trying to say...more clearly...is that obviously i need to give it away or trade with or give it to someone else. At this point i am planning on saving the old magic jack and then use it only if i have trouble with the old one...since they are not great about replacing faulty products.

Kind of like insurance. I don't want to use the old one unless i have to b/c the new one works really really well. Honestly, i am really happy with it.

All the complaints that i had about the old one have been resolved with the MJ+. Still a litte pissed though.

@Ben

Thanks Benjamin, for your post. I appreciate you're honesty in although your poised with their service you still told the truth about how well the mjp works.

I am utterly pleased with how mine works but your post made me realize what I face if I want to upgrade. It also alerted me to never purchase the five year plan.

Ben

Thanks for the pep talk Dan. Obviously i have no other choice..My point with saying that they ripped me off is that this buisness practice is not something that i agree with.

The concept is not something that is seen anywhere else with phone service that i have ever had experience with either with land line or cell service.

Hope that you feel better that you have laid claim to your literacy and put mine in question.

I just learned how to read last week i'll have you know. :zzz

Benjamin, just accept that they won't transfer the account over. Get a different number for the + and hang on to the old mj long enough to make sure + works.

If you don't need it then give it away to a relative or friend overseas. It sucks but honestly the idea of the account transfer seems to be only in the customers' heads.

View more comments (4)

Magic Jack Sucks! | Magicjack in San Diego, California

When I got the device I had a couple of technical questions so I looked and looked through the paperwork but could not find a number to call. Only a chatline that was so frustrating because you could tell it was in India and they could not understand what I was trying to say, plus a lot of canned wording. I was literally screaming from frustration after 3-4 hours on the chatline until I finally said 'forget it!' and I just returned the device immediately! Why do these companies send their customer care to foreign countries? And not even person-to-person help! A chatline is so cold and inpersonal, especially when a lot of the wording is canned and the people can't even understand what you are trying to explain. Since a lot of the wording is canned, you just go round and round in circles. Where is the good old American personal customer service of the past?

I agree magic jack really sucks its a scam

I love my magicjack! So sorry you had so many issues with yours. Customer service can make or break a product.

Magic Jack recently merged with Vocal Tek:

Finance & Accountings: web-finance@vocaltec.com

Marketing and Sales: web-sales@vocaltec.com

View more comments (2)

Poor customer service | Magicjack in Miami, Florida

My magic jack quit working 3/2011 could not get any dial tone. I contacted magic jack they had me on phone for over an hr moving me from one person to the other. Problem still was not solved they wanted me to stay on the line longer was fed up and hung up. Now after months of no magic jack service they took renewal fees out of my checking account. I call them about taking the money out of my account. All during this time of speaking with them they never offered to replace the equipment. They dont care about their customers.

magic jack quit working

how did you call them? I haven't been able to find a number.

or were you "live chat" with them? thanks.

View more comments (1)