1.9
Coverage Area
Style and Design

Update by user Nov 25, 2017

I took the AUTO RENEW option out several years ago, but they still applied it as Auto and charged credit card without my consent. On top of that they used a Credit Card not on file with them which I used as a one-time payment a year ago or more, not leaving it on file with them nor authorizing any future use thru auto-renew.

I just got lucky we check charges often & saw that pending-charge about to be applied on Credit Card.

I called today, talked to Michael at MJ & he told me they would not-charge, plus to call Accounts Review on Monday for anything that troubled me. Whilst looking at MJ website I todl him it clearly states NO auto-renew...He said he was looking at it (my avvount on their site)and it said " auto renew"...Cant deal with a Co that operates like that...lying MJ !!!

Original review posted by user Nov 25, 2017

I've had MagicJack for several years...Renewal is up on nov.28th...I have no auto-renewal on file with them because I don't like auto-renewals by definition. What does MagicJack do on Nov 24th?: they charge the last credit card I used to renew with in 2016, without ANY authorization to do so.

Then they Email me congratulating me on my Renewal and recent Oder !!!

I like their product, but their Renewal & Selling tactics are so out of line that it's hard to want to buy a product-service from MagicJack. Mu recommendation: STAY AWAY from MJ ...rather pay slightly more from other service provider!!!

Review about: Magicjack Account.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

I didn't like: Renewal strategy is a scam, Scam renewal.

Comments

not sure if you can see it as the picture is slightly blurry but I can read it well all the same.

it CLEARLY states AUTO renewal on the policy paper you snapped a picture of stating it was started in 2014! so you had 3 years of it auto renewing and only just NOW noticed?

when will people take responsibility for their own inability to R E A D T H E P A P E R!!!

to notgivingit #1395842

About 2 years ago CLEARLY took off the Auto Renewal on MagicJack website.

On top of that they used a CreditCard that was used for one-time payment two years ago, also not on auto-renewal & not the credit-card on file with MagicJack (one time use).

So, with zero auto-renewal, they still charged my credit card...