first, the call quality is choppy at BEST! - at worst, it also CRACKLES!! we have the fastest cable connection available yet we still get choppy.
2) we were told that we would be able to PORT our CANADIAN number .. after many years of buying the first one, they STILL do NOT permit PORTING of CANADIAN numbers.
3) several "customer support" representatives telling me to reset my computer, my router, please wait..... I was on TECH SUPPORT ALL DAY, finally their answer was, "did you try another phone?" thats the best they could come up with.
4) they say its 100% RISK FREE but they WILL NOT reimburse costs of re-installing our original phone line!
5) Jack "PLUS" is supposed to run WITHOUT a computer however they want you to plug it in in order to "test it" if its not working without the computer, its no better than original one!
6) when plugged in the wall, Magic Jack "PLUS" runs hot - REAL hot! They advised unplugging it when not in use...I doubt "millions of users" will do that. I asked them if it caught fire, were they insured for liability, they said(quote)"They would not be responsible for fire"
So in summary, I give it about 1 out of 10. there is some usefulness for it but its not a "replacement" for a regular phone line.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Magicjack Plus
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I bought a new Nokia C3 and a month later wanted to switch to a different cell phone service provider. Consumer Cellular would not unlock my phone! They said it..."
- "So here it is 1am, I'm still up watching netflix, while also downloading app updates, computer updates, and downloading iTunes music. I wake up the next morning and here..."
- "Very unhappy about this. I tried to call a US number to a company that I sometimes deal with. I have called them many times before to order items when..."
- "I have the Allure flooring installed in my kitchen and hallways for more than a year . After the first few months we noticed the gaps between the planks were..."
- "I bought an oblong large bed and within one day it was destroyed! So much for industrial quality. Don't buy this product. ..."
- "I had a lot of problems with this company. They gave one date and time, then showed up later. They reinstalled four times, but always with scratches and lint between..."
- "About seven months ago I had Hardwood Specialists come out to the house to look at my Hardwood floors. They were in very bad shape. Ken Zand the salesman came..."
- "I purchased an engine for a little over $2k for son's 2005 my Jeep. Was told by Tom and their website that engine came with a warranty. 17,000 miles (..."
- "I ordered something on ali express and made payment through my debit card. Amount got debited from my account. but i cancelled order before verification. although payment has been made..."