first, the call quality is choppy at BEST! - at worst, it also CRACKLES!! we have the fastest cable connection available yet we still get choppy.
2) we were told that we would be able to PORT our CANADIAN number .. after many years of buying the first one, they STILL do NOT permit PORTING of CANADIAN numbers.
3) several "customer support" representatives telling me to reset my computer, my router, please wait..... I was on TECH SUPPORT ALL DAY, finally their answer was, "did you try another phone?" thats the best they could come up with.
4) they say its 100% RISK FREE but they WILL NOT reimburse costs of re-installing our original phone line!
5) Jack "PLUS" is supposed to run WITHOUT a computer however they want you to plug it in in order to "test it" if its not working without the computer, its no better than original one!
6) when plugged in the wall, Magic Jack "PLUS" runs hot - REAL hot! They advised unplugging it when not in use...I doubt "millions of users" will do that. I asked them if it caught fire, were they insured for liability, they said(quote)"They would not be responsible for fire"
So in summary, I give it about 1 out of 10. there is some usefulness for it but its not a "replacement" for a regular phone line.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Magicjack Plus
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "OK, I purchased magic jack plus online and what I really really hate about it is that as you go to buy the *** thing, it is so complicated to..."
- " I pay for 50MB download and I'm only getting 4mb and if I'm lucky in a very lucky day I get 11MB. The sudden link tech came by today..."
- "THERES NOTHING THATS PERFECT IN THIS WORLD SO PEOPLE STOP COMPLAINING THE MAJIC JACK IS ONLY 40 DOLLARS FOR THE HOLE YEAR I MEAN THAT BEATS MY PHONE BILL MONTHLY..."
- "I had a lot of problems with this company. They gave one date and time, then showed up later. They reinstalled four times, but always with scratches and lint between..."
- "I bought an oblong large bed and within one day it was destroyed! So much for industrial quality. Don't buy this product. ..."
- "I have the Allure flooring installed in my kitchen and hallways for more than a year . After the first few months we noticed the gaps between the planks were..."
- "1990 Chickasha Dr. Pfafftown, NC 27040 October 27, 2016 Patient Relations Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center, Medical Center Boulevard, Winston-Salem, NC 27157 To Whom It May Concern: Let me first say that I have almost..."
- "Be careful buying things of offer up!! Just moved into my NEW apartment and I bought a sectional couch, came with a chair... I wondered why the price was so..."
- "We thought that the expensive leather construction was the way to go. On the left seat of the sofa, the thread wasn't pulled as tight as on the right seat. ..."