Whitby, Ontario

first, the call quality is choppy at BEST! - at worst, it also CRACKLES!! we have the fastest cable connection available yet we still get choppy.

2) we were told that we would be able to PORT our CANADIAN number .. after many years of buying the first one, they STILL do NOT permit PORTING of CANADIAN numbers.

3) several "customer support" representatives telling me to reset my computer, my router, please wait..... I was on TECH SUPPORT ALL DAY, finally their answer was, "did you try another phone?" thats the best they could come up with.

4) they say its 100% RISK FREE but they WILL NOT reimburse costs of re-installing our original phone line!

5) Jack "PLUS" is supposed to run WITHOUT a computer however they want you to plug it in in order to "test it" if its not working without the computer, its no better than original one!

6) when plugged in the wall, Magic Jack "PLUS" runs hot - REAL hot! They advised unplugging it when not in use...I doubt "millions of users" will do that. I asked them if it caught fire, were they insured for liability, they said(quote)"They would not be responsible for fire"

So in summary, I give it about 1 out of 10. there is some usefulness for it but its not a "replacement" for a regular phone line.

Had an Experience with Magicjack?

Comments

westow3

To fix a crackle when using Magic Jack Plus: 1) replace the AC USB adapter, 2) replace the USB extender cord if you can't plug the Magic Jack directly into the AC USB adapter, 3) replace the network cable that connects the Magic Jack + to the router.

westow3

To fix a crackle when using Magic Jack Plus: 1) replace the AC USB adapter, 2) replace the USB extender cord if you can't plug the Magic Jack directly into the AS USB adapter, 3) replace the network cable that connects the Magic Jack + to the router.

mikega61

thanks for the info i was going to try it but now i know better thanks alot