Magicjack - Magic jack strikes out!
first, the call quality is choppy at BEST! - at worst, it also CRACKLES!! we have the fastest cable connection available yet we still get choppy.
2) we were told that we would be able to PORT our CANADIAN number .. after many years of buying the first one, they STILL do NOT permit PORTING of CANADIAN numbers.
3) several "customer support" representatives telling me to reset my computer, my router, please wait..... I was on TECH SUPPORT ALL DAY, finally their answer was, "did you try another phone?" thats the best they could come up with.
4) they say its 100% RISK FREE but they WILL NOT reimburse costs of re-installing our original phone line!
5) Jack "PLUS" is supposed to run WITHOUT a computer however they want you to plug it in in order to "test it" if its not working without the computer, its no better than original one!
6) when plugged in the wall, Magic Jack "PLUS" runs hot - REAL hot! They advised unplugging it when not in use...I doubt "millions of users" will do that. I asked them if it caught fire, were they insured for liability, they said(quote)"They would not be responsible for fire"
So in summary, I give it about 1 out of 10. there is some usefulness for it but its not a "replacement" for a regular phone line.
Review about: Magicjack Plus.
Review #275187 is a subjective opinion of a user.