I thought this product was so ingenious I had to have one!I bought the more expensive model so I could keep my existing telephone number, just to find out after opening it that it would be $10 more than the base model per year, another $19.99 to have the line "ported" from AT&T then of course the product itself was $69.99 instead of $30.

Ok I said. I can deal with all that provided this little mechanism does what it says it will do. And all with a 100% "RISK FREE"MONEY BACK GUARANTEE... Right?

WRONG. So thrilled to hook up and he's have dial tone... Cool! My first call was terrible!

Lots of blanks in the conversation, then dropped. Ok try again. Second call was even worse. The person on the other end couldn't hear a word I was saying.

So then the kicker. NO CUSTOMER SERVICE NUMBER! Haha oh great. I found a chat line after half an hour of searching, then started charting my concerns.

A whole problem in and of itself. Bottom line... They won't refund my $$, they have thousands of complaints on the better business bureaus site along with an investigation for fraud.

So people.STAY AWAY is all I have to say.

Review about: Magicjack Plus.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Magicjack?

Comments

unhappy customer
#432034

Please wait for a site operator to respond.

You are now chatting with 'Rayna'

Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK554036970794X

debra trean: hello

debra trean: are u there///

Rayna: Hello, how may I help you?

debra trean: i can not get my magic jack to work

Rayna: May I know the exact nature of your problem with full details please?

debra trean: it is pretty simple I can not get the magic jack to work it shows the page with the numbers on it but does not show my phone number above it is all 000-ooo-oooo and does not work at all

Rayna: Please wait while I check that for you

debra trean: it also shows a page that says insert your magic jack to make calls and i have no clue what that means

Rayna: Please click on this link to download and run magicjack upgrade

debra trean: where is there an upgrade on that page i do not see it

Rayna: Please click on the above link

debra trean: i did

debra trean: i do not see any upgrade area on it ...I am a mac user if that makes a difference

debra trean: this is the same page I contacted you on

Rayna: 1. Please go to Go > Utility > open disk utility

Rayna: 2. On disk utility window please look for Ymax magicjack 17.7 MB

Rayna: 3. Click on the "Erase" tab to the right of the list of drives.

Rayna: 4. Click on the “Erase” tab to the right of the list of drives. The window will now...

Rayna: 5. Select the Volume Format from the pop-up list. Then choose “FAT”

debra trean: what i am a mac user

Rayna: The above steps is for Mac.

debra trean: where do i find the utility

Rayna: I am transferring you to one of our top 10% agents as rated by our customers. Please hold while I transfer you.

debra trean: ok ty

Please wait while I transfer the chat to the best suited site operator.

You are now chatting with 'Jocel'

Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK554036970794X

Jocel: Hello. My name is Jocel. To better assist you, let me put you on hold while I read your previous chat/s. Thank you.

debra trean: ok ty

debra trean: brb

debra trean: k ty

Jocel: I will be right with you.

Jocel: Thank you for patiently waiting.

Jocel: I apologize for the delay as well.

Jocel: Is your magicJack still plugged in to your computer with the blue light on?

debra trean: yes

Jocel: Do you have another computer that has Windows XP, Vista or Intel-based Mac OS 10.4.10 where you can try magicjack on?

debra trean: no this is an intel based mac

debra trean: 10.5.8

Jocel: From the Apple menu, select System Preferences... . When the System Preferences window appears, from the View menu, select Security. Click the Firewall tab. Check if Firewall is disabled

debra trean: no it is enabled

debra trean: am i still connected//

Jocel: Can you please disabled it for the moment?

debra trean: ok

debra trean: i will be right back door

Jocel: Okay.

debra trean: ok so sorry

Jocel: Thank you for waiting. I'll be with you in just a moment.

debra trean: ok

Jocel: Did you disable the firewall now?

debra trean: yes

Jocel: Please unplug and replug the magicJack to another USB port after 20 seconds.

debra trean: ok

debra trean: now it shows our number

Jocel: That is great/

Jocel: Please check for a dial tone now and see if that works.

debra trean: i have a dial tone now ty

debra trean: Is there a way we could update to the new version

debra trean: so we do not have this issue

debra trean: we have had so much trouble with this phone

debra trean: it is important because I leave my Mom here with this phone

Jocel: Are you referring to the magicJack Plus?

debra trean: yes the one u dont need a computer for i think

debra trean: i see a page about that

Jocel: To upgrade from magicJack to magicJack PLUS, you can simply purchase a magicJack PLUS.

debra trean: so i have to pay for it too

debra trean: on top of the fact i just paid in full for this/

debra trean: that doesnt seem right

debra trean: i just paid a year for this

Jocel: I understand you on that part, but as of now this is the current offer that we have if you wish to use the magicJack Plus.

debra trean: well then you would issue me a credit for the year i just paid for this right

debra trean: are you still here

debra trean: i am not a happy customer right now to be honest

Jocel: I am still here.

Jocel: I have checked it here, but it shows that there are calls made on this number which is the reason that it is not possible for a refund.

debra trean: well I am NOT happy this has not worked right the majority of the time we have had it

debra trean: sooo I guess I will copy and paste this and share on the web as I am NOT Happy

debra trean: ty

Jocel: Your issue appears to have been resolved right now. However, if you need future assistance please refer to this ticket number: so the next agent will be able to know where we left off.

mal

I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR MJ TO PORT MY NUMBER OVER TO VONAGE FOR THE LAST 2 WEEKS AND IT HAS BEEN A NIGHTMARE..NO LIVE REP YOU HAVE TO TEXT THEM FRO THEIR WEB PAGE,AND MORE THAN LIKELY YOU GET SOMEONE FROM A THIRD WORLD COUNTRY WHO DOSENT HAVE ACCESS TO A DATABASE AMONG OTHER THINGS..

THEY HAVE NEARLY 3,000 COMPLAINTS FROM BBB WHO I FILED A CLAIM WITH,I ALSO FILED WITH FTC,CONSUMER REPORT AND FCC..

Deede

I was receiving calls from a man that knew everything about me, my husband, and my family.He started to phone stalk me and knew private things about me that know one would've known if you weren't in my life.

I called the police and they told me that hackers can and do *** into Magic Jack and listen to your calls.

The creep that was calling me was trying to scare me, but the police said it happens all the time and they usually steal your bank info or identity info...I immediately disconnected and will never use Magic Jack.When I chatted with the Magic Jack rep - they couldn't even tell me where the calls were coming from.

Michael Gabriel

Tell everyone you know to avoid this company - call yourt credit card company and file a complaint - these greedy weasels have doubled the price and I never would have ordered one of I had known.