Miami, Florida

I signed up yesterday to magic jack plus and everything connected ok, however, today I tried to make a long distance phone call and it said that it would cost me 5 cents per minute. I called Magic Jack and asked, Why is that, if all calls are supposed to be unlimited and free? They stated; Magic Jack can call for FREE within the United States and Canada. However, since you've been prompted to purchase pre-paid minutes, the purchase will be necessary to complete the call. In some circumstances, we may require prepaid purchase or we may charge you for calls to conference lines, platforms and certain non-ILEC area calls, or any call wherein we incur a cost from another carrier. I stated, This call was to Tennessee and it was not a conferance call. If you advertise that all calls are free, I should not be charged for these calls to my home town.She said Be reminded that you have read and agreed the Terms of Service in which this condition applies. Well, I glanced through it, but didnt see where long distance calls are extra money, when right on your package is states in big bold letters," FREE LOCAL AND LONG DISTANCE", 'NEVER PAY A PHONE BILL AGAIN" And NEVER IS UNDERLINED. I think they are totally misrepresenting their company to get you hooked then they lower the boom.I like having the service but if I have to sometimes pay or prepay for certain phone calls, "of which they can not tell me where it applies or what states are extra money", then I end up paying the same as my local phone company.

Product or Service Mentioned: Magicjack Phone Service.

Comments

You say that you "called Magic Jack"??? Care to give the number you called? You CAN'T call them!