Update added by user Nov 15, 2011
oh ya and one other thing... they don\'t tell you that choosing a CANADIAN number costs EXTRA PER YEAR
Original review posted by user Nov 15, 2011
may have posted last BAD review in the wrong place but safe to say, IT SUCKS!
1) Quality of voice is choppy AT BEST
2) we were told that we would be able to PORT our CANADIAN phone number in future but after having the first MJ for years, we STILL cannot PORT our phone number.
3) they claim its compatible with MAC BUT DO NOT tell you that it NEEDS TO BE "INTEL MAC" if you have a "POWER PC" MAC it IS NOT COMPATIBLE!!
3B) You NEED either INTEL MAC or MS WINDOWS in order to register it initially
4) their "tech support" kept me on hold for the better part of the day and I had to KEEP REPEATING myself to them!
5) MJ PLUS is supposed t work WITHOUT a computer but you plug it in the wall and it runs REAL HOT! I asked them if it CATCHES FIRE DO THEY HAVE LIABILITY INSURANCE!? THEY SAID AND I QUOTE "WE WOULD NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THAT"
... if your car catches fire, its the automaker right? Why would this be any difference? They also told me to UNPLUG IT!! THAT's their FIX???
I give it 1 out of 10 for the CONCEPT!!!!
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Magicjack Plus
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I cancelled my service early because the price for satellite service had gone up dramatically. I was always happy with the reception and service but the price became prohibitive. They..."
- "4 years ago we started with Century Link in Las Vegas. Loved it. Had Prism TV. Loved it as well. Moved to Florida and immediately called Century Link. Found out..."
- "MagicJack (MJ) works well for many people. However, if you introduce something as simple as a â€˜routerâ€™, then, MJ may have a hard time, as I have had. When..."
- "I bought an oblong large bed and within one day it was destroyed! So much for industrial quality. Don't buy this product. ..."
- "I have the Allure flooring installed in my kitchen and hallways for more than a year . After the first few months we noticed the gaps between the planks were..."
- "I had a lot of problems with this company. They gave one date and time, then showed up later. They reinstalled four times, but always with scratches and lint between..."
- "I have known and respected Jesse Keyes for over 25 years. Jesse Keyes has a successful list of credentials in his academic and professional life. After meeting him at Princeton,..."
- "I purchased an engine for a little over $2k for son's 2005 my Jeep. Was told by Tom and their website that engine came with a warranty. 17,000 miles (..."
- "Went to the mac store in the westfield at Stratford. When i got to the till the lady that served me was so rude loads of attiude and couldnt be..."