I have been a Magic Jack customer for only one month and so far my phone service has stopped working 4 times. When it happens no calls come in, and I can’t call out.

The first time, I unplugged and rebooted the device and it came back up. After that, when it failed again, I tried using their tech support. He had me do the same thing. My response to this is that this is not the remedy to a technical problem that is chronic. I told him I need a permanent fix to the problem, and his reply was that it is not abnormal for this to happen because it is VOIP and sometimes this will happen. My service failed over the weekend when I was not at home, and no one could call my house in that time until I got home to reset it. This is totally unacceptable.

Their tech support is inferior and of no use to me if they are only going to make me the troubleshooter. If your computer froze up several times a week, and tech support told you to just reboot it, would that be acceptable to you?

When I called their toll free number to get a live person, she kept trying to tell me to re engage with their chat support. I said no and asked to speak with a supervisor. She said she was a supervisor and that my only other choice was to pay a premium to get someone live to talk to fix my service. I have had this service for one month and have had 4 total failures, and all they want me to pay black mail to get the problem solved? When asked to speak to her boss, she refused and only offered to give me an e mail to write to.

I do not want to engage in a lot of time wasting back and forth while they all hide behind their wall of no penetration in customer service.

I have filed an FCC complaint and I do not intend to let this issue rest.

Product or Service Mentioned: Magicjack Voip Service.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Aug 07.

Comments