6965 Vista Pkwy N, West Palm Beach, FL 33411, USA
2.3
Coverage Area
Style and Design

My MagicJack Go stopped working in June 2018. It was about 2 years old.

I called customer support and was told to buy a new one. I asked about a replacement and was told the year warranty was over but I could order a replacement from their website. I had to search for the link to order a replacement. It is part of the drop down list displayed when the Account tab is clicked.

A new device is $35 plus an administration fee and shipping which brought the price up to $45. A replacement device was $24 plus the administration fee and shipping which brought the price up to $35. Since I thought a year of service is included with the device, it made sense to buy the replacement. After I installed it, I noticed I did not get the additional year of service that is clearly offered and displayed on the packaging and website.

When I called customer service, I was told that the additional year is not provided with replacement devices.

When I said that made no sense since the difference in cost between a new device and a replacement is small. I essentially was told , "Yea we know, sucker".

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Preferred solution: Provide an additional year of service..

Magicjack Cons: Admin fee added to price and no year of service for replacement.

• Magicjack Replacement Ripoff

Comments

Had similar experience but one better. My magicJack *** out exactly 1 year to the date of purchase and they told me that they would not replace it free and had to pay the discounted price for replacement.

MagicJack is a ripoff. Horrendous customer service. They couldn't care less. My advice stay as far away from magicJack as possible.

There is a reason their name begins with Magic. Totally nothing but slight of hand with this company.