I have had nothing but problems with my Magicjack. Returned the first one because it wouldn't work. Received my second one at no charge and it works off and on. Always on a Live Chat trying to get the thing working. Now I just found out my 2nd year of service is attached to my first phone # and I won't be able to make calls for at least 3-4 days! The sad part is I was just on the Live Chat a few weeks ago and thought I got my service taken care of! Why didn't someone catch this "little" problem then?

You can not talk to a live person. The idiots they have on the live chat don't know what they are doing.

The only positive thing I can say is I did get my first Magicjack returned without any cost and received my second one quick. But the daily, constant problems are not worth it. Use you cell phone or get digital phone through your cable company. Do Not Buy - POS for sure.

Had an Experience with Magicjack?

Comments

If you love being "probed" by a couple of dozen HEAVILY armed invading soldiers - who have killed ALL of your family and neighbors - then you WILL love magicjack!

Only problem is an echo from time to time, but with the price, you cannot beat it.I had problems installing it because of a missing file on my vista OS.

The online help and on the phone help (they called me) was great, they helped me get the MJ installed.I have seen cell phones with worse problems.

Only problem is an echo from time to time, but with the price, you cannot beat it. I had problems installing it because of a missing file on my vista OS. The online help and on the phone help (they called me) was great, they helped me get the MJ installed.

"Chatted" with live help last night asking when my 2nd year of service would be transferred from my old phone # to my new number.I was told last Friday that it would take 2-3 business days.

Last night I was told it can't be transferred but was asked if I wanted to apply a 5-year service contract to my old phone # that I haven't had in over a year! Never bought a 5-year plan. I asked if I could have my old number back since that number has all the service that I purchased.

The agent ended the chat session.So now I'm stuck with this Magicjack that does not work.

I agree wholeheartedly with this consumer's assessment and had the identical experience. Worse yet, I prepurchased a year of service (this is 2009 - I purchased additional service for 2010 to 2011) and they refuse to refund my money.

Don't waste your money on this.

:? I HAD PROBLEMS WITH MY MAGIC JACK AS WELL.IT MADE MY COMPUTER HAVE PROBLEMS AND RUN SLOWER AFTER I HAD TO INSTALL ANOTHER VERSION OF WINDOWS XP ON IT AND THEY DIDN'T TELL ME THAT WHEN I ORDERED IT.

AND SOMETIMES IT WOULD MAKE CALLS AND SOMETIMES NOT, I WOULD HAVE TO KEEP DIALING THE NUMBER OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

AND WHEN SOMEONE CALLED ME THE PHONE DIDN'T RING ON MY END AND IT WOULD GO TO VOICE MAIL.I KEPT HAVING TO TURN OFF THE COMPUTER AND TURN IT BACK ON EVERY 2-3 HOURS FOR IT TO WORK WHEN I WANTED TO USE THE PHONE.

I was not satisfied of the Magic Jack. I returned it. It made my computer "mute".

gave more problems with my computer.

Now I need to et the refund for the prepaid

card