Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Magicjack in Colorado Springs, Colorado - Watch your Bank Account

My debit card number was lifted,One of the charges was for Magic Jack, So we call them not only once but twice, along with the other companies that charges were made to, We told magic jack customer service we had a police report etc, no problem ,(they said) the charges would not go through,My ***! They cleared anyways, Not only did they have that persons email,number,address and IP address, they would not release it to the police.So on my dime and with a company knowing they are fraudulent charges they got their money,I even told them since it was my debit card number then that account was mine and I wanted all the info, they told me no and the police no. So now Im out and the thieves are chattin away on their new magic jack products..
Loss

Magicjack in Jacksonville, Florida - EXTENDED (NO)SERVICE

I've enjoyed majic jack home phone service in the past. Yet when I extended my service for an add'l year, my phone number was changed and I could no longer get my hand helded phone service to work. I've tried unsuccessfully to get a phone number for customer service so I can talk to an individual. I want my phone service restored and a phone number so I can talk to an individual who works for the majic jack company. I can be reached on my cell phone. My phone number is 9049947930. Thanks for assisting me with this situation.

I have used MJ for several years. Every time I extend my service for a year I run into the same issue...nothing works.

I load MJ and it comes up with error 401. Nothing has changed on my system. Last year I found a human tech I could talk to and after some time he got it working.

I did not writeup the process and I can not recall the details of the process. Can anyone help as I cannot seem to locate a phone number to call.

Review

Magicjack in New Paris, Indiana - Same add 4 times in a row?

I just suffered through the same add for MJ 4 times in a row. They just change the merchant each time but the add is identical. I wonder how many of us will not even try out MJ because of the tiresome irksome add policy? Hmmm. This collumn is almost as irksome as the add! I can't submit my complaint with less than 100 words? OK - Shades of MJ: I just suffered through the same add for MJ 4 times in a row. They just change the merchant each time but the add is identical. I wonder how many of us will not even try out MJ because of the tiresome irksome add policy?

Magicjack in Chrisney, Indiana - MJ+ RipOFF

I tried regular MagicJack, purchased it locally at Walmart. Plugged it into my computer, worked fine, tried to add 5 yr extended contract when signing up for phone number. Their sign up software did not register that I wanted extended 5yr plan. I waited for bill to show up on my credit card. A few days later, I got on Magic Jack web site and "typed" to a live person, they said that according to their computer, there was no 5yr contract added. OK, so I asked if he could correct it. He said no, but he could step me through process, I did and everything went great. Now, is where problem started, I tried to order MagicJack Plus over phone line number they give you. This ANSWERING MACHINE "instead of live person" tries to do total process! The ANSWERING MACHINE is full of bugs!!! It tried to take my order, and everything is done by you talking to blank time between questions. I speak good English, no accents, the ANSWERING MACHINE took my credit card number, by phone push button, asked for name, address, and email. Email, it would not give time to give full email, tried (7) "Seven" times to give email before it got it correct. Address, the ANSWERING MACHINE guessed at by my credit card and failed to guess it correct "why would an ANSWERING MACHINE try to guess your address". THE ANSWERING MACHINE was going to send conformation email of my order, and it hung up before giving me any over the phone conformation number. Waited a few days, bill showed up on my credit card, got back on MagicJack web site, "Typed" once again to customer service, after "2 hours" of back and forth, they finally said that they had NO order for a MJ+ for me, yet the credit card was charged. I asked if it could be fixed "ordered" on their side since my credit card was charged, they said NO, I would have to go through the ***'s ANSWERING MACHINE again! Person said they would refund my credit card charge, as of this time, no refund, no product received, will contact credit card company and stop charge. I will stay with my normal "plug into the computer" that I purchased locally, got GREAT service with it. But will NEVER order ANYTHING over the ***'s ANSWERING MACHINE again. If a company is tooo CHEAP to put a human on the phone and get things right the first time, then I will back out of the deal OR just hang up when I find out that it is a ***'s ANSWERING MACHINE on the other end. Good device, good phone calls, but FAILURE, BAD, STAY AWAY, from calling for a MJ+ and getting the ***'s ANSWERING MACHINE, You will be Very Sorry you did!

Just wanted to let you know that I purchased a MagicJack at the local store. My family and I love it, has been working for over a year now. I liked it so well that I had my stock broker take out 300 shares of MagicJack "CALL" stock. After reading these messages that are posted here by RadioWaveMonitor and many many other people, I decided to try my luck "usually good" and order a MagicJack Plus "MJ+", to see if there is actually a problem. I will not invest in a company that has a problem child if there is one. RadioWaveMonitor you, and apparently all of the other people sending in their problems are correct. I got the same ANSWERING MACHINE, listened to it's brag file, "TYPED" in my credit card by phone headset, proceeded to give my personal information. As you say, I DID NOT get a audio conformation of my order, neither did I get an E-Mail stating that I made a purchase or shipping time. I waited a few days as you did, called the billing department. As you said waited 45 minutes. The person who I talked to did not sound happy that I "being an investor" was calling with a problem. This person, again, could not find any log of me purchasing a MagicJack Plus. I did get charged for the item on my credit card also. Once again, apparently, you all have a legitimate complaint. I did not know that Ymax, Vocal Tec, MagicJack company would use an prerecorded device like an answering machine to take someone's personal information and bank account credit card information or I would never had invested in MagicJack company!

As of today 9/14/2011, I have sold my 300 shares of MagicJack "CALL" stock, and WILL NOT put another dime into their stock until they take offline their sales answering machine and wait answering machines. Hey Dan, you just lost 300 shares of stock, take the ANSWERING MACHINES OFFLINE, put people back to work, and get these problems these good people are talking about FIXed! Don't tell someone to look into the matter, get it done YOURSELF. These good people do not deserve these kinds of problems! I have seen first hand, what these people are talking about, Your Problem Child your ANSWERING MACHINES are keeping you from getting the product out the door. It is time that other investors in your Ymax and MagicJack know about these problems! Dan, do not fix the answering machine problem, just take it off line and leave it off line, before any other stockholders do it for you! Look at the complaints your company is getting, and take each one of them seriously. As these people have cryed out for, take the ANSWERING MACHINES off line and put people back to work NOW.

Mark Eiselman

For those with problems, the company information is:

MagicJack

P.O. Box 6846

West Palm Beach, FL 33405

USA

561-586-3380

Fax 1-561-586-2328

Stock Trade: "CALL"

Hello to all reading this message. Great job RadioWaveMonitor with your information.

I thought I was the only person who has had this problem. I have had the same situation with exactly the same results. MJ+ sounds like a great product, but the only thing I can get my hands on is the silver or regular MagicJack. I have had no problems with it, works better than the phone company's product.

I had intended to order a MJ+ for my home office. Ran into same ANSWERING MACHINE problem as you and what seems to be many other people having this problem. My debit card was charged and went through. I typed to their customer service people, they had no idea if the world was going around.

They told me they had no MJ+ ordered in my name, address, e-mail address, phone number, or debit card. I have contacted my bank, and the bank people say they will dispute this charge. To say the very least, Magic Jack should stop using ANY ANSWERING MACHINE and use real people that can actually place an order for what you want. ANSWERING MACHINES like this one are usually sold to a company by some marketing company.

The marketing company has no idea when the machine breaks down, and most of the time the company has no idea that the ANSWERING MACHINE is broke. All in all, it does not matter, NO ANSWERING MACHINE should ever be used for other than taking a message that you are not home. To place an order, just shows how Magic Jack company does not care about the people who buy or try to buy their product! If I can not buy their MJ+ because of a ANSWERING MACHINE problem, then I have to buy from another company, Magic Jack company just lost another sale because of POOR Management Skills!

ANSWERING MACHINES used in this type of operation is a disgrace to the HUMAN race, a disgrace to the people who work at Magic Jack company, AND IS why UNITED STATES OF AMERICA is in such a job loss situation right now! Companies like Magic Jack, cause job loss due to use of "POOR excuses of machines", instead of putting people to work taking orders for their products.

I agree totally, I will not buy another item or service contract with Magic Jack company till they shut down the ANSWERING MACHINES in total, and start using a live person instead!!! This is a start, this review that RadioWaveMonitor has made, IS a STARTING POINT for Americans to stand up and say that corporate profit is too much, job loss is too much, and unless companies like Magic Jack hire live people to take orders, give real customer service, NO MORE PURCHASES from the live people who they are to cheap to hire!!!!!!

Thank You, RadioWaveMonitor for starting a good movement for creating jobs, and sharing your problems with us, the same people who have had problems with the Magic Jack company also.

Ditos to what was said about this MJ+ answering machine problem. I have had problems with the same order line.

I hate to say it, in exactly the same way as was mentioned above. The machine tells you all the good points about MJ+, 4 minutes later, you get to give out your information. There is no conformation codes, you are left wondering if you are going to get your MJ+, and the only thing you get, is a debit card bill looking at you in the face. Talk to their people, as stated, "typing on a keyboard, HOW *** and RUDE", and all they can tell you, they do not have an order for your MJ+, and you are stuck with the bill!!!

This *** answering machine of Magic Jack company, should be ban from usage, taken out and distroyed! NO COMPANY should use an ANSWERING MACHINE for taking a person's personal order, of any kind. ANSWERING MACHINES are a security risk for your credit/debit card, and you rarely get what you ordered.

Ban the MJ+ Answering Machine!! Do Not let it get your personal or card info!!

Person who wrote this article is CORRECT! I tried to order a MagicJack Plus "MJ+" and got the same problem.

MagicJack company has an answering machine instead of a real person taking the orders. I had to say my E-Mail address many times also. Guessed my home address incorrectly, and did not give me any conformation number either. I never got an E-Mail on receiving the order either.

Yes, my credit card was charged. MagicJack needs to stop the answering machine crazyness, put 2 people back to work, and correct their problems!

Their Stocks will go down, investers will quit, and the VocalTec that is part company will go looking for the boss, if He doen't get his act together NOW!

Oh Yes, the phone number for MagicJack billing is 281-404-1551, but another answering machine, that will make you wait 45 minutes each time you try, you will listen to the same recording over and over, then finally you will talk to someone, who, can not find your order. She will tell you that there is nothing she can do to stop the charges.

As the person who wrote the orignal orticle said, I will not order from an answering machine either anymore, people need to go back to work, MagicJack company has done to the public, it's investers, and the company workers a very bad thing by having a poor excuse for an order taking system with this order entry answering machine for a good product like MagicJack Plus "MJ+".

It understood me just fine. Added 5 years too - no problem.

View more comments (5)

Magicjack doesn't work

I spent 4 hours yesterday with 7 different customer service reps including 4 of their top 10% CSR's. It was a day I took off and wasted half of it chatting online with the Magicjack CSR's None of them could get magicjack to work. Everytime they told me to make a test call, I would be disconnected from the chat line. I told them about this for the last 4 CSR's. If they can't make it work how do they expect the buyer to make it work. So far, it's worthless. I will give them a try again tonight, but I'm not holding out any hope for MagicJack.

:zzz

magicjack worked for the first couple of years and now it won't start 99% of the time. Called customer serv so many times it isn't funny and they always tell me to disconnect it for 15 sec, buy a corded phone, blah, blah and nothing ever works.

magic jack works... its either your computer sucks or ur internet sucks...

my magic jack has problems of its own too.. A couple of days ago i couldnt hear anything but i could talk.. i fixed that problem last night and its been working great... maybe its just you and not the product...

magic jack really works guys.. im not BS'ing you

View more comments (2)
Review

Magicjack in Bel Air, Maryland - Charging TOO much, TOO often!

MagicJack renewed my account on 3-15-11 for one year. It's 9-06-11 and they want me to pay $39.95 again. Every time I've tried to contact the company, I've that there is no place to get help from them directly. No credit application information either. The first year there were no problems. Renewal is ridiculous! No where can any customer service area be found on their website to contact them about problems or renewal information. NOTHING but grief. DO NOT PURCHASE THIS *** THING! It's NOT worth the headache or the money.
Review

Magicjack in Giza, Al Jizah - Withdrawing renewal fees from my visa without activating magic jack

I would like to inform you that I have renewed my magic jack account (206-497-4640)twice on 11 June 2011 and 30 June 2011 and i payed the fee ($ 20.9 each time) by credit card. but it's still not activated. Besides that, another $ 20.9 were withdrawn from my credit card without my authorization on 19 August 2011. Appreciate your urgent action activating my account, informing me of the reason behind withdrawing the last $20.9 from my Credit card.renew another account (206-479-4849).& returning the extra money back to my credit card. Thank you

Magicjack in Dallas, Texas - Unable to renew yearly subscription

I knew my service would terminate on sept 5, for two weeks prior I tried to renew the service, on three different occasions, via chat, I was told not to worry and my service would be renewed. Now I have no service and the automated renewal service, responds that the transaction cannot be completed at this time. Same story, no service. It seems their custumer servce is not in tune with their administrative policies. I cannot understand why mj says may account is under review and as such cannot pay, what does that mean, they are not able to explain it to me. Javier Pinel
Review

Magicjack in Bellevue, Washington - My magic jack works fine and im lovin it!

ive been having my magic jack for almost a year and i have no problems with it at home only when i go and use it and someone elses house that has really slow internet speeds... i was introduce with the product from my cousins. they have been using the magic jack for over 4 years... he basically told me that it works best when you have really fast internet and a low ping.. i love this device it has saved me a lot of money so far and i have no problems...FOR ALL THE PEOPLE THAT HATE THIS PRODUCT.... maybe its just you and not magic jack

well what do u expect? its only $1.66 a month

:roll I have one too, and it works okay on my core 2 duo machine but not so good on my Pentium M laptop; still it does work - with some breaks in the audio. Problem is, there is no place you can go if you have an issue with this company!

Your calls get referred to their web site and chat path - no one hears your complaint beyond the chat dude. NOT GOOD. I wanted to upgrade to the magicJack Plus and transfer my "time" (hours of paid service) to the new jack. No can do (according to the chat dude).

I have to purchase the new hardware and spend the money again for the time I've aleady have on my old jack. No upgrade path for existing customers! Why? What are these CEO's and Company Officers up to?

No customer service! NONE!

The ad says no pc needed.

View more comments (2)
Review

Magicjack in Washington, District Of Columbia - Cant make contacts work & access my acct.

I spent all day yesterday with techs to make my MJ & contact list work, but no one could fix it. Today I could make call, but still not contact list. I also, am not allowed to access my acct. I can't even get the login page. I want my contact list immediately. And, I want a letter telling me exactly how to access my acct. with a link to login page. I am still good till 2012. So, you better get me my list up & running & let me in my acct.,or give back my my $20. Thank you.

make sure your date and time is set correctly on your computer